TJ Hammond - Detox Just to Retox

TJ Hammond X Kelly

This was requested by @Star-Bucky-Lover! I noticed that you listen to Fall Out Boy as well, so I HAD to make a FOB reference in the title. I couldn't help myself. Also, this is more of a happy drunk TJ, so this has a much lighter mood than a lot of my other TJ stuff. Enjoy!

//TW : DRUG/ALCOHOL ABUSE//

A soft sigh escaped your lips as you stretched out your sore fingers after a long day at work. You stood from your desk and grabbed your bag, waving a quick goodbye to your fellow coworkers as you made your way to the entrance of the building. You pushed the doors open and walked out into the fresh air. You inhaled a deep breath before happily releasing it with a smile.

You worked at a moderately sized newspaper company as a reporter. You had only been working there for around 2 years, but you were already quite successful. You knew the only reason you had gotten the job was because you were close with the family of the then newly elected President Hammond, but for two years now you have been determined to give them other reasons to let you stay.

It hadn't been easy, keeping your job and all. Your editor regularly demanded the inside scoop on the Hammond household. He would beg you for a dramatic story they could break, and when you refused, he would threaten to fire you. You had been absolutely mortified the first time he did this, as you had only been working there for a couple of months and you weren't sure you would be able to find another job like this. Since then you've come much more accustomed to you boss's ornery nature, and you learned to brush his threats off with a quick witty comment. No amount of threats could make you compromise your relationship with the Hammond family, especially not since you began dating the one and only TJ Hammond.

His parents were highly skeptic at first, as they had kept a close eye on you ever since you got your new job. They repeatedly told TJ that you were only with him to get a good story, but he was absolutely sure that you weren't. Your heart had swelled with pride the first time he stood up for you at a family dinner, his palms laid out flush against the table and his eyes angrily boring into the foreheads of his family members before he turned and pressed his lips firmly against yours to prove his point.

You let yourself smile at this memory as you got into your car and pulled out of the parking lot. You were humming quietly to your favorite CD playing through your radio. The night was quiet and serene, your mind taking in every little light and every face that danced across the windows of your car. It was a good night, until your phone began to ring.

Your ringtone played through the speakers of your car since your phone was connected through bluetooth. Doug Hammond's face popped up on the screen and you smiled and pressed the answer call button on your steering wheel.

"Hey Dougie!" You greeted chirpily once the call connected. The bright smile on your face quickly fell as you heard the angry breathing from the other end of the call. "Doug, what's going on? What's wrong?"

The man sighed before responding to your question. "It's TJ, Kelly. He got a hold of a bottle of vodka while we were gone and none of us knew. Are you at home?" He asked, his voice exasperated and clearly fed up with his brother's actions. You furrowed your eyebrows in concern.

"Oh no, come on TJ..." You muttered. "I'm a couple minutes away, why?"

"I need to bring him to you," Doug explained. "I would take care of him, but I have a really important meeting to attend that I literally can't skip. I'm really sorry about this, is that alright?"