Kari's Big News

~Two Months Later~

"Alright, I'm off to Outcast island, I'll be back as soon as I can." Dagur said to Kari as he was preparing to depart to meet with Alvin.

"Be safe." Kari said giving him a small kiss on the lips. "And don't you dare offend Alvin."

"Like I am gonna do that!" Dagur scoffed. "I'm gonna attempt to stay in his good graces and not offend him. Your brother is coming to make sure I don't come back with my head removed."

"Best of luck then, to the both of you." Kari said with a nod.

"And you stay out of trouble yourself missy." Dagur said tapping her nose. "No more stray dragons in the house, I had to replace two rugs after you brought that baby Firework into the house."

"Hey I was keeping it safe till her mama came home!" Kari protested.

"And almost set the whole woods on fire!"

"Just get on that boat! And take your dragon with you just in case Alvin gets pissed!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Two Days Later~

"Damn this morning sickness." Kari groaned as she washed her mouth of the contents she had recently vomited. "Either I am sick or I'm pregnant, better see Aria to be sure of either one."

She saddled up her dragon and flew to Aria's hut to talk. On the way she almost vomited at the smell of fish, normally it would be because they smelled bad but these were fresh.

"And what can I do for you today chieftess?" Aria asked Kari as she entered the hut.

"I've been feeling kind of sick lately since my husband had left, and this morning I threw up as well." Kari explained. "I figured I was either pregnant or I was coming down with something bad. And since you are the expert in this kind of stuff I wanted to see what you thought it was."

Aria had her lay down on a cot and rolled Kari's shirt up to expose her stomach. She gently pressed down on her belly and nodded.

"When was the last time you have bled?" She asked tugging Kari's shirt down and helping her sit up.

"I'm not sure really. I think a month ago." Kari said with a shrug. "But it hasn't came for a while."

"Well then, the gods have blessed you with a child Kari." Aria said giving her a smile. "I suggest you go tell your husband's family the good news."

"M-me?! Already pregnant?!" Kari gasped and looked down at her flat stomach. "How is that possible?"

But then it made sense. Her trousers had been feeling a bit tight lately and the smell of fish made her want to puke and she had been feeling quite moody lately. Perhaps it was true.

"Oh your husband will be so pleased!" Aria said snapping Kari out of her thoughts.

"I....I better tell Angelina right now." Kari said pressing her hand to her forehead.

And with that, Kari took off to Bludgeon's home to tell her family the great news. She found Dagur's aunt and Eleanor trying to patch up a pair of trousers which was ripped in several places and struggling to sew it up neatly.

"Hey E!" Kari called walking into the house.

"Oh hey Kari, feeling better?" Eleanor asked not looking up.

"A bit, but I threw up this morning."

"Did you see Aria about that? Can't risk having you get sick and possibly die before you and my nephew have been married for a few months." Angelina said getting up to greet Kari.