Meeting the Family

"Hey wake up." Dagur turned over to see Kari wide awake with a hand on his shoulder with her hair all ruffled and messy.

"Well good morning to you too beautiful." Dagur said sitting up and stretching his arms. "I don't feel like getting up though."

"Are you always this lazy when you have a big day of work ahead of you?" Kari asked, getting off the bed and walking over to her chests and pulled some clothes out.

"Sometimes but it's only on the days I have a few hours of sleep." Dagur said laying back down on the bed.

"You fell asleep the same time I did."

"I am still tired." Dagur said and patting the empty space next to him. "Besides I only was able to sleep well because you were here."

"No I am heading out to let the dragons out of the stable." Kari said tugging her leggings on and pulling her skirt on too. "Turn away so I can get my tunic on."

Dagur did as she asked and waited till he thought when she was done. When he looked back to her she was already adjusting her fur hood on her shoulders.

"You better be dressed by the time I'm back." She said grabbing her boots and walking out of the room.

Kari headed to where the two dragons were being kept and opened the door to find them both asleep next to each other. She smiled wondering if that was how she and Dagur looked last night when they were sleeping.

"Hey wake up you guys." She called softly, grabbing a bucket filled with water and walking to them.

<Go away Kari.> Striker grumbled and buried himself into the hay.

<Don't make me do this Striker.> Kari said softly in Dragonese and flung the water of bucket onto her dragon and her fiancés dragon and awaking them.

<Brrrrr that's cold!> Elysia shrieked, jumping up and climbing out of the wet hay and shaking herself.

<That wasn't nice!> Striker snorted angrily shaking himself.

<Well you two are just as lazy as my husband.> Kari said rolling her eyes and setting the bucket down. <Now get out so I can clean up this mess and feed you both.>

<I can feed myself thank you very much.> Striker huffed and walked out of the room.

<You can speak dragon?> Elysia asked Kari, looking impressed.

<It's a special gift I gained when I was twelve.> Kari said with a shrug and grabbed a rake. <Now go get yourself some breakfast with Striker. And if you can bring me some fish as well so I can serve something for Dagur.>

<He's one of the lazy ones some mornings.> Elysia chuckled. <And normally I'm the one who has to drag him out of bed some mornings. Guess we have something in common.>

<I guess so as well.> Kari chuckled.

<Now get going unless you want to drag him out of bed.>

<Oh I'll get him out.> Elysia said heading out. <I always can get him out of bed if his cousin's can't.>

Wonder what his family is like? Kari thought as she scraped the wet hay away from the dry hay and dumped it in a corner to throw out later. Would they like me as Dagur promised they would?

As soon as she was done, Kari headed onto the deck to see Dagur already dressed and Elysia standing by him with a smug look on her face.

<Told ya I could get him out of bed.> She said grinning at Kari.