Peacemaker

"Sir, the chief of the Uglythugs is here to see you." A guard announced to Dagur.

"Bring them in." Dagur said with a nod and seated himself on his throne that had Skrills carved into it.

He wore his normal attire with his fur cape pinned to his shoulders with brooches that had Skrills on them and the ceremonial belt on. He glanced to his left to where Striker and Elysia stood with their heads held up and not moving. Turning to his right, he saw Bludgeon dressed and Renitia dressed I'm their armor but his wife was not there in the small throne he had made for her. Earlier that week she had left with Azure to aid her brother in something despite Dagur's protests of the safety of their baby. Taking a deep breath, he turned to face the Uglythugs who had gathered in the Halla and stood facing him.

"So we are gathered here today to discuss what now?" He asked in a bored tone.

"I came to ask in what way we can strength our alliance." The chief Urk said stepping forward.

"I am in no mood for making alliances with chiefs who fool around with the wives of other chiefs."Dagur said sitting up in his seat and leaning forward. "And I suggest you don't even dare to look at my wife the way you do at other women you old crow."

"All those rumors you've heard of me are false my lord." Urk said lowering his head. "Simply spread to ruin my reputation and to make me loose my allies and ones who I consider allying with."

"Then explain why the wife of chief Madguts has a bastard son who looks exactly like you?" Dagur asked raising an eyebrow. "Unless you happen to be his secret brother and the boy happened to take after you."

"That's a lie!" Urk roared, stamping his foot angrily.

"I've seen the boy myself and his mother told me you forced her to sleep with you when her husband was away." Dagur said leaning back in his chair. "And Fiona has never been known to be a liar."

"All lies! It's all lies!" Urk shrieked, turning purple in the face. Striker growled loudly and stepped forward in front of the throne.

"What's going on?" The two clans turned to see a woman with a man standing beside her with a large black dragon.

"So you're back already?" Dagur asked his wife as she walked forward to the throne with her brother.

"Had to come back before you got yourself into a bloody war." Kari said stepping up to the throne and gave her husband a kiss on the cheek. "And I brought my brother along just in case."

"Good, we could use two of the best peacemakers in this Archipelago." Dagur said as his wife took her seat next to him and her brother stood at her side besides Renitia and Bludgeon. "As I was saying, I will not be allied with a man like you, we never had an alliance so why do you ask to strengthen one if we don't even have it?"

"We could have an alliance and it could be strengthened the way your tribe is tied to your wife's."

"I am not marrying that ugly looking sister of yours if that's what you are implying. I already have a queen who is carrying my son in her at this moment." Dagur said looking to his wife and giving her a small smile.

"My lord do you have a son or a daughter?" Kari asked, placing a hand on her husband's and giving him a sour look.

"Two sons and one newborn daughter." Urk answered.           

"And all are bastards." Dagur muttered loudly. Hiccup gave his brother-in-law a look before turning back to the chief.

"I am expecting a baby in a few months, perhaps we can arrange a marriage between my child and one of yours?" Kari suggested, ignoring her husband's words. "If it's a boy he shall marry your daughter when they are both at age. Does that sound fair?"