One.

Your favorite couple is back. Enjoy 😘

New Orleans, Louisiana

"I'm at home." Malia said into the phone as she straightened the pillow on the couch.

They'd just successfully moved into their permanent home in New Orleans, Louisiana. Khari signed with his home-state team because he wanted to bring the city a championship. Although he never imagined playing in front of his hometown, he couldn't turn down the chance when it presented itself.

Once he did his shoe release for his very first shoe here, the thought of playing in his hometown stayed on his mind as he finished out his contract in New York. Of course they wasn't happy about it, but they still had Duane Guerra. Malia opened another firm in New Orleans a year ago so it wasn't an issue for her to pack up and leave. Her mother didn't like the fact that she was so far away from home, though.

"Where's the man that took you away from your family?" Mrs. King said.

Malia slightly rolled her eyes, plopping on the couch. "He didn't take me away. I left on my own because I'm a mother and this is my family. You would've done the same." She responded with a hint of attitude. "But, if you must know, he took Kamari and Iman to get ice cream."

Khari and Malia had two kids with Kamari being the oldest. Malia gave birth to Iman two years ago. He just turned two three months ago and Kamari would be turning six next month.

"I'm not sure where the attitude is coming from." Mrs. King said. "I'm still your mother and I don't mind catching a flight."

Malia sighed into the phone. "I'm sorry mom. It's just.. You used to like Khari and now you don't. I don't understand why. He treats me like the Queen I am. He's an amazing husband and an even better father. Sure he has his flaws, but who doesn't?"

"He got you pregnant in college and got you off track, Malia." Her mother stated sternly.

"Oh God, mom.. That was almost six years ago.. I thought we got over that? I still graduated and I'm the successful lawyer I've always dreamed of becoming. No, I didn't do it the way you wanted me to. No, I didn't stay pure until marriage, but at least we did get married. At least I don't have two different baby daddy's. It could be worse."

Malia could hear the door open and close which signaled that her men were home. Footsteps flooded down the foyer as they entered the living space. "Mommy!" Kamari yelled in excitement as he jumped into her lap.

"Hey baby!" She kissed his head. "Had fun with daddy?" She asked.

Kamari nodded his head excitedly. "Yes! Daddy ate too much ice cream so we had to come home early." He responded with a pout.