Thirty Three.

Los Angeles, California
11 Months later...

Cameras immediately flashed when Khari made his way into the arena

Cameras immediately flashed when Khari made his way into the arena. This was his first game in almost two years. He was now a Laker, ready to prove to the world that he wasn't going anywhere. He turned the volume up on his phone as the music blasted through his Beats. He didn't want to answer any questions that they were dishing out. He rapped along to the lyrics of I'm The Man by 50 Cent, adjusting the bag on his back.

They love to see a nigga on the bottom

He walked into the locker room, greeted his new teammates and walked to his locker. He couldn't help, but to smile at his jersey that had his name on the back of it. The rigorous rehab had paid off. All the praying, everything. He wasn't going to take this moment, or any other one, for granted. He was in a better space mentally than he has ever been in his life. His marriage was stronger than ever. His relationship with his kids was where he wanted it to be, and he had a chance to be around the new additions to the family.

Christoph kept his promise, convincing Karmen to come back to the States. Khari tried to convince her to move to California so he could be closer to his daughter, Ryan. She didn't, instead she moved back to New York. That wasn't going t stop him from having a much needed relationship with her. She was going to know him, by any means necessary.

He took his backpack off of his back, sitting it down in his locker. Someone patted his shoulder from behind causing him to turn around. "Wassup nigga? You ready?!" Ty pumped him up, extending his hand.

Khari nodded, slapping hands with him. "You kno' it brudda."

"This feel right." Ty said, sitting his things in his locker next to Khari's. "You should've never went back home anyway."

Khari shrugged his shoulders. "That's in the past, man. I gotta look forward now and continue my legacy."

"You right, you right." Ty agreed.

The two of them began to get dressed while music blasted in the locker room. His phone vibrated causing him to pick it up. He had a text from Danielle and he opened it immediately.

Good luck best friend!!!! I'm tuned in since Ky played already lol. Love you!

So if Kyrie was playing, you would've missed my first game back?

Yep.

Wow. 😕

I'm kiddddinnggg. Lol. He would've understood. Anyway, focus.