Twenty Seven.

New Orleans, Louisiana
The same night...

Danielle watched as Khari rested in the bed. His chest heaved up and down while he was aided with a breathing machine. He had been shot in the knees, chest and back. The doctor wasn't sure if he'd be able to walk again. He hadn't woke up either, and that had them even worried. During surgery, he went into cardiac arrest which sent him into a coma. Because it was too much for Brianna, she had to leave. Since they had just buried their grandmother, this was too soon and unexpected. Also, getting in touch with Malia proved to be difficult. She wasn't answering any phone calls or text messages.

Danielle didn't believe that she didn't know about the incident. She was kind of frustrated with Malia because this was still her husband. If everyone was blowing up her phone that meant that something was wrong. Kaleigh walked back into the room and Danielle looked up at her. She shook her head signaling that Malia hadn't picked up still. "Fuck this. I'm going over there."

Kaleigh nodded her head. "Ok, I'll stay. Tyrese should be here soon."

"Okay." Danielle sighed, still kind of distraught from the news. She wondered who in the hell would do this and why. She lost Randy to a gun, she didn't want to lose Khari the same way. It was one reason why she didn't want Khari to come back to New Orleans. It wasn't a good place. People were jealous, and he did have enemies. They all wanted his spot. She grabbed her keys and stormed out of the room. For the first time, she had some words for Malia.

Police officers guarded the entire hospital so no one would be able to get to his room. Since this was an assault case, they believed that the shooter would come back. As she started to get on the elevator, she heard Malia's voice. She walked around the corner seeing her basically yelling at the lady at the desk. Their eyes met, and Malia sped-walk towards her looking like she had been bawling her eyes out.

Deciding to wait on the backlash, Danielle pointed down the hall. "Room 28A."

"Thank you." Malia responded breathlessly and jetted down the hallway. The tears resurfaced and she chastised herself for ignoring all of the phone calls. However, she didn't expect this. She didn't expect to be informed that her husband had been shot multiple times. She looked at the doors trying to find the one she was looking for. Spotting 28A, she froze and swallowed hard. Malia wasn't sure if she could see him in that state.

She looked back to see Danielle standing behind her with an unreadable expression on her face. Malia sighed, and pushed the door opened immediately regretting ever opening it. She covered her hands with her mouth as she saw Khari hooked up to all the different machines. Words, she couldn't find them. A voice? Nonexistent. For the first time ever, she was speechless. She walked towards the bed, and her knees began to give out on her.

Kaleigh caught her by the waist, sitting her in the chair beside the bed. "Malia, look at me." Malia started to hyperventilate, and Kaleigh looked at Danielle. They pulled her up, and removed her from the room. The nurses that were around helped them to get Malia calm. Now, she was crying again and her emotions were everywhere.

"Baby girl you're pregnant. Calm down, please. We don't need you in the hospital as well." Kaleigh coached. Malia nodded, seemingly understanding and attempted to calm herself down. Seeing Khari like that sent her into overdrive.

"Hey." Danielle said softly, grabbing Malia's hand. Malia looked at her, sniffling. "We all know that Khari is a fighter. He's going to make it through, just like in college."