Eleven.

I'm back! Writing this update like:

Karmen in the mm..

The Hamptons, New York
The next day...

"Who is it?" Karmen asked as she walked to the door

"Khari."

Her face scrunched up in confusion as she turned the knob to open the door. Immediately, her face turned into concern as she looked at his appearance. "Oh my, what happened to you?" She asked, pulling him in by the wrist and closing the door. Unable to talk, Khari just shook his head. He was disappointed that he allowed his anger to get the best of him, and he knew charges were coming.

Karmen pulled him into her spacious kitchen, and instructed him to sit down. She hadn't seen Khari in a minute, but they were still friends, somewhat. After she graduated from Howard, she launched her own makeup line and it did well. She has lived in the Hamptons every since. Her and Khari stayed in touch, but they were only friends. She completely respected his relationship with Malia and rooted for them two.

She wasn't sure if Malia knew that they still kept in touch, but it was never an issue. Malia even supported her makeup line so she figured that everything was fine. The last time Karmen had seen Khari is before he left New York to make his move back home to New Orleans. Their sexual relationship had long past and only lasted in college. They hadn't had sex since the last time Khari and Malia broke up, after Kamari was born. They even dated for a minute, but ultimately, his heart was with Malia. Karmen knew that, and wasn't sure why she put herself in that predicament. Now, that, she knew Malia didn't know.

Her bare feet softly hit against the dark hardwood flooring as she moved into her bathroom to grab a first aid kit. She opened the cabinet, grabbing the container and closing it back. As she walked back into the kitchen, she noticed Khari's head down as he looked at his fists. She placed the container on the island beside his seat, and lifted up his chin so his eyes could meet hers.