Thirty.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Same day..

"So, how was physical therapy?" Dr. Reese asked as she looked at Khari, who seemed to have spaced out. He wasn't here mentally and seemed really distracted. For two months, he had been doing really well and was making significant progress. She knew that he would backtrack one day, and today seemed like that day. When he didn't answer, she leaned over and tapped his foot. He blinked a few times before returning his attention back to her. Lifting his eyebrows, he was confused because he didn't hear her.

"Huh?"

She chuckled lowly. "Someone seems to be distracted." She stated as she leaned back in her chair, and crossed her legs. "I asked, how was physical therapy?"

"Oh." He mumbled, scratching the back of his neck. "Uh, it was yoga day." He shrugged.

"Hmm, yoga." She tapped her pen on her chin, and cleared her throat. "That should've been calming and soothing. It helps you maintain focus and rid of any bad energy."

Khari shook his head. "Well, I'm more clouded than ever."

"Talk to me, what's wrong?" She asked, genuinely concerned. She had learned a lot about Khari, of course, since he had been coming to her sessions. He was a troubled kid who wasn't always troubled. He came from a two parent household, middle class. That is, until his father abandoned him and his mother for a white woman. That's when Khari fell off course. His grades started to slip once he had gotten older and he was in the streets. Then, his mom was killed in a robbery while she was grocery shopping.

That's when things took a turn for the worse. He sold drugs, did drugs, drunk a lot, and lived life that wasn't fitting for a fourteen year old. Plus, he was dealing with his abusive father and his abusive wife. He was being beaten and sexually assaulted. Khari thought the latter was normal, but she had to tell him that it wasn't. What happened to him wasn't normal, and he has every right to feel how he feels. He's not the first black boy to be raped by a close relative, especially a woman.

It explained all of his actions now. No, it didn't justify anything. But, anyone would've predicted him to be this way. Or the total complete opposite. No in between. He abused Karmen because he watched his father abuse his wife and him. Sex is not a comfort because of him being sexually assaulted himself. He tries so hard not to hurt Malia, but doesn't know that focusing on not hurting her has caused him to. He placed all of his attention in the wrong places.

Not to mention, he has lost probably the whole male best friend he had ever had in Randy. He, then, unconsciously found comfort in other things instead of his wife and his family. He distanced himself from Danielle because the thought of losing her would be unbearable. Especially since he has lost two children in the process. He detached himself which triggered his mania depression, in turn, he acted out in a peculiar fashion.

He played with his fingers as a vein in his temple popped up. "I blew up on Malia, today."

"Why?"

Clearing his throat, he shifted in his seat. "Well, this mornin', like I said, I had yoga so I thought bringin' her would be a good idea too. Especially since she's pregnant. Anyway.. Before we left, she made a comment about my knee that kind of hurt my feelins' a lul bit. I prolly was being over dramatic about it, but whatever."