Thirteen

New Orleans, Louisiana
A few days later...

Sitting down on the ground, Khari breathed heavily as he downed his water

Sitting down on the ground, Khari breathed heavily as he downed his water. He just finished his workout, and it was very much needed. Every since things had went down with him and Malia, he had been out of it. Now, he was back at home. Things between him and Malia wasn't back to normal at all. He really didn't expect it to, but he did expect some progress. They were making it work for the kids. However, he didn't miss how distant she was towards him.

"We went hard today brother." Ty said, walking to where he was sitting. Khari nodded, agreeing with him. Since Ty decided to join the team, Khari figured it'd be good to get a workout in with his new teammate. He would've called Anthony, but he was currently with the USA basketball team. "How's things? You went extra hard like you needed to release some stress son." Ty went on.

Khari shrugged, shaking his head. "It's goin' I guess. I think she still hurt. I can't blame her, though. I fucked up big time with that."

"Hm." Ty motioned his hands, trying to find the right words. "Yeaaaa.. To be honest though, y'all both fucked up." He chuckled, with Khari joining in. "I kno' how it is though. Shit, we can't take being scorned my nigga so if we hurt, they gotta feel it too. Don't make it right, but we ain't gon always do the right thing. Just gotta forgive, learn from the mistake, and move on."

Taking in Ty's words, Khari nodded his head. "Yea, you right brudda."

Ty patted his shoulder. "Good." He picked up his gym bag, and looked back at Khari. "You still slow as hell, though. Must be gettin' old."

Khari scrunched his nose up, looking at Ty up and down like he was disgusted. "Boy I know you fuckin' lyin'."

Ty bursted into laughter. "Nigga chill, I'm playin'."

"I kno'." Khari got up, and grabbed his bag. "So, how's things with you and Kaleigh?" They both began walking towards their cars.

Ty sighed, shaking his head. "Man, I don't even know son." He began. "She just been actin' weird as hell. Talkin' bout marriage and kids. Like, I ain't ready for all dat." He shook his head.

Khari looked at him, letting out a small chuckle and shaking his head himself. "Y'all bout to be together for what? Four years now?" Ty nodded, unlocking his Porsche door. "And you ain't ready to put a ring on it yet?"

Ty threw his bag into the car, and turned back to look at Khari. "I'm scared, honestly. Like, I love that girl to death. It scares the shit outta me. Marrying her just gon put it into perspective for me."