The birthday boy

"Say what now?"

I sighed. This is going to be the tenth time I'm going to say this. "Can I go out with Nya, on Saturday at seven?"

Kai blinked.

Lloyd, Cole, Zane and I stared at him. Awaiting his answer.

See here's the thing. If Kai says yes, he will be able to keep his pride and win this argument. The bad thing for him is that I get to go out with Nya, his sister. (Which is a good thing.) And on the other hand if he says no, I win the argument and don't go out with Nya. And He loses to me.

I am hoping for the first option.

Kai sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. He glanced at me a couple of times. Before nodded. "Okay, I made the decision."

I held my breath. I wanna go out with Nya, I wanna go out with Nya. Please, please Kai say yes!

"You can go out with my sister."

"YESSSS!" I jumped up and did a boogie around the kitchen.

"And you know the rules right? Be back before 10:30, don't kiss, and if you hurt her-."

"I'll kill you." I finished. "Yes, yes I know. This isn't my first date with her you know?"

Kai glared at me through his one raccoon eye.

I grinned.

"Okay!" Cole clapped his hands together. "I think it's about present time! What do you think?"

"Oooo I will get Sensei Wu, Nya and my mom!" Lloyd volunteered. He dashed out of the room before poking his head around the corner. He grinned sheepishly. "And Bob."

"Oh, yes! Don't forget Bob, Lloyd! I do need the toilet paper!" Kai said sarcastically.

"Really?" Cole asked.

"Actually, yeah." Kai stated looking down at his pants. "I really have to pee right now."

Lloyd chuckled before leaving once again.

Cole rolled his eyes as Kai left the room in need of a bathroom.

Once, Kai left Zane set the finished cake onto the Table. "You know I thought Kai was going to beat you up right then and there when you asked that question." He said.

Cole nodded. "Same here. Dude, Jay your lucky it was his birthday today and he's such in a good mood otherwise you'd be road kill."

I shrugged. "It would be worth it for Nya."

"What would be worth it for me?" Nya asked entering the room.

"Becoming road kill." Cole snorted.

"In other words dying for you." Zane added.

"I would die for you Nya. I love you that much."

"Aww. Jay!" She looked at me. She sniffed. "Oh no, I am not, I am not crying am I?" Sniff. "Oh. JAY!" She ran up and hugged me.

"I love you Nya."

"And I love you."

"Will you go out with me this Saturday?"

"Yes. I will."

"Okay this is way too sappy!"

I pull away from Nya to find Cole doing a barfy face. Zane was next to him rolling his eyes.

"Deal with it, Cole."

I laughed and placed my arm around Nya's waist pulling her closer.

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday-oh he's not here." Sensei exclaimed glancing around the room. "It is time to open presents, is it not?"

Lloyd answered for us, he was somewhere in the hallway. "Yes, it is uncle!" Then he ran into the room pulled a chair out from under the table and sat on it, "Present time!"

Misako and Bob came in behind Lloyd.

"Where's Kai?" Misako asked.

"Kai is...-" Cole started.

"-HERE! I am here!" Kai exclaimed interrupting Cole as he ran into the room. He eyed Nya and I probably not liking what he saw.

"Well he was going to the bathroom."

"Ahh, here's the birthday boy!"

Lloyd rolled his eyes. "He isn't eleven mom!"

I smirked. "He acts like he is!"

"Be nice!" Nya smacked my arm.

Cole chuckled.

"Present time, present time open your presents and see what's inside!" Lloyd said grinning like a maniac.

He looks way too happy.

"Talking about eleven years olds...." Kai said glancing at Lloyd.

Lloyd stuck his tongue out.

Zane ignoring there childish behavior asked. "Aren't we supposed to sing first? I thought you always sing first."

"You do." Sensei said sipping his tea. He began to sing. "Happy birthday to you."

The rest of us joined in. "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Kai. Happy birthday to you!" We all clapped and cheered.

Kai stood there awkwardly. He blushed. "This is the part I hate most about birthdays. People singing to you."

Bob laughed. "Most people don't like that part, Kai." He gave Kai a hearty slap on the shoulder.

Kai nodded and winced. He rubbed his shoulder.

"Deal with it." Zane and I said simultaneously.

We looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"So," Misako began. "Cake or presents first?"

"CAKE!" Cole exclaimed at the same time when Lloyd yelled, "PRESENTS!"

They glared at each other.

Nya giggled. "Looks like it's a tie."

"Wait. Wait. I know how to solve this." I took a breath before saying. "Cole I thought you never ever wanted to eat this cake?"

Cole glanced at the cinnamon, jalapeño and chocolate cake. "Oh, yeah. Well...-"

"-So, presents it is then!"

"Yesss!" Lloyd jumped up from his chair and did a boogie. "My present for Kai is going last!"

Okay. Sure I don't care.

Presents here we come.

THE NYA LOVER OUT!

Question!
Don't you get all awkward and embarrassed when people sing happy birthday to you?

I do.

Anyway. Who's excited for the newest season on NINJAGO!?Is it just me who is freaking out? Or is everyone fangirling? Huh? Huh?

Comment, comment, comment. And vote. :)

Byeeeeeeeeeee
bluebajoons