In Love

After school, I got into the shower, so much had happened today. I just wonder, where is Smackle? She must be somewhere, is anything, she could be dead. But I'm not sure of anything, but I hope she's okay. I got out the shower and Riley had texted me.

"Hey Farkle, can I come over? Everyone's busy and I need help with some science homework, I know how much you love it 🔬😂❤️"

I texted back;

"Yeah, sure, my mothers going to be home in a minute but come whenever you like!❤️"

"Okay Minkus x"

I was a bit confused why she put the 'x' , does it mean anything, do we mean anything?

Riley came over about 5 minutes later, we sat in the dining room as I helped her with a science questionnaire sheet.

"What even is photosynthesis?" Riley asks me as she looks at the first question.

"It's the process by which green plants and some other organisms use sunlight to synthesise nutrients from CO2 and H2O." I said as she pulled a confused face at me.

"Why do the plants have to be green? What are organisms, what the hell is CO2 and H2O?!" She said as we both laughed.

"Well, you can't get any other colour of plant in the-"

"Yeah you can... flowers are different colours!" Riley said as I laughed.

"Oh Riley..." I said as we both then laughed and looked at each other.

"Organisms can be an individual plant, animal-"

"So bunnies are organisms?" Riley said as I laughed.

"Each rabbit has their own organism, yes Riley." I said as she smiled, I love her smile. "It can also be a single-celled form."

"Okay... what is CO2?" She asks.

"It's the word equation for Carbon Dioxide." I said as she smiled.

"Thank you for helping me, Farkle." She said as she put her head on my shoulder.

"Riley?" I said as she lifted her head straight away.

"Farkle?"

"I need to talk to you, about what happened the other night. When we kissed..." I said.

"Yeah..." She said.

"We never got to talk about it." I said as she put her head down. "What's the matter?"

"What are we?" She said.

"I wanted to ask you the same thing, Riles." I said as I put my head down too, she lifted her head and took her hands and lifted my head so I was looking at her.

She kissed me. This time it was like a 5 second kiss, it was powerful. I felt butterflies in my stomach, I knew from then, I was in love with Riley Matthews.

"Farkle... I got to go but see you tomorrow!" She says as she takes all her stuff and walks out my house, I run to the window and she runs down my street. I continue looking out the window, waiting for Jennifer to get home, I got a text on my phone from her saying:

"Farkle, I'll be home soon! Xx"

I sat down near the window until I see someone pop out behind a bush and run to my door, the person knocked and I opened straight away.

Who could it be?