Say It Back

"Are you sure it was her, Farkle?" Maya asks me. I went to Riley's and we gathered everyone there, Me, Riley, Maya, Lucas and Zay.

"Yes, she hasn't changed one bit." I said as Zay's face looked upset.

"Zay? Whats up?" Maya said.

"Nothing." He said.

"Man, you look upset, what's up?" Lucas said. "Is it about Smackle?"

"I'm just scared she'll fuck up this triangle if she comes back." Zay said as Lucas and Maya look at each other. "I know what you two are thinking... As soon as she comes back-"

"You'll like her again?" Maya says as she looks at Zay, they look at each other, I look at Riley who is already looking at me.

"Me and Farkle are going to give you three some space-"

"No... Stay..." Maya said as she looks at Riley and me. Riley nods at me, indicating to tell them they need space.

"Rileys right, you guys clearly have some things to talk about, and me and Riley do too so we'll go to Riley's room-"

"Wanky." Lucas whispers.

"Shut up, Lucas." Riley says.

"Zay, if Smackle does come back and you do have feelings for her, you know this triangle is solved?" Maya says as me and Riley leave and walk to her room.

Riley's Room

"So..." I said.

"So." Riley said as she sat on her bed and stood up against her bedroom door.

"We should talk."

"Yeah..." She said as I nodded slightly, I'm so nervous, I don't know why.

"God, I'm nervous." I whispered to myself.

"What?" Riley said as I looked at her.

"Nothing, I... Er..." I stumbled for words.

"Did you say you're nervous?" She asks as she stands up and walks closer to me, we are about 2 metres apart. "How can you get nervous around me? We've been friends for... as long as I can remember, Farkle you're my best friend, besides Maya."

"Yeah yeah, I know-"

"Farkle, there's something you're not telling me... what's the matter?" She asks as I get up from the door and walk a metre closer to her.

"I like you." I said as she went silent. "I've known ever since I saw you again, it brought back all our old memories, I missed you Riley, so much that... I like you." I said.

Back in the living room

"So..." Lucas says.

"So." Zay said.

"Guys! We need to talk about this pathetic triangle." Maya says.

"Pathetic?" Lucas said.

"How is it pathetic?" Zay asks.

"Because! It's been dragged on for far too long now! And plus, if Smackle does come back, things are going to happen, I can guarantee you." Maya says as she sits in between Lucas and Zay. "Zay, I like you... do you like me?"

"What?" Zay asks as he stands up.

"You heard the question, now answer." Maya says as Zay hesistates. "You don't do you?"

"Of course I do! It's just I'm confused with-"

"Smackle... you still like her don't you?" Maya says.

"I've always liked her." Zay said as Lucas stands opposite him.

"Dude... that is so not cool." Lucas said as Zay walks closer to him.

"Why are you piping up for? This has nothing to do with-"

"Nothing to do with me? Well you're standing here saying you like her and Smackle. You're breaking her heart Zay! Me and Maya would be together if you hadn't had stuck your black nose in." Lucas says as Zay gasps and Maya comes in between them.

"Guys!" She shouts and Zay looks at the front door, away from Lucas. "Lucas that was mean what you said..."

"I don't care... I like you Maya, he's just leading you on like a little puppy dog on a leash and I'm not standing for it!" Lucas says as Zay turns around.

"Well at least I didn't fall off a sheep when I was 10..." Zay said as Lucas got angry...

"You didn't..." Lucas said as Zay smirks and pretends he's dropped a mic.

"Right... Lucas leave now! Zay you stay here!" Maya says as Lucas goes to the door and turns around.

"At least I like Maya, and only Maya." He says as he leaves Riley's house. Maya and Zay sit down.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to be horrible... I wanted to defend you..." Zay said as Maya hugs him.

Back to Riley's Room

"What?" Riley says.

"You heard me, Matthews." I said with a smile, but she wasn't smiling one bit, she looked shocked to me.

"I... Oh my... Farkle... I..."

"You have two options. You have 10 seconds to say it back, if you don't, we'll stay friends and pretend this never happened, if you do say it back, I'd love to kiss you again." I said as she smiled a little. "On the count of ten..."

"Okay..." She whispered as she took a few deep breaths for some reason and looked at the floor.

"1...2...3..." I started counting as she started crying. "4...5...6...7" She still hadn't said it back... I started crying at this point... "8..."

"Farkle..." She said as I froze.

"9..." I said.

"I like you too." She whispered. I froze again. She really did like me back.

"What?" I whispered and smiled. "Really?"

"Yeah." She said as she had the most biggest smile on her face, she hugged me and we both started crying. "I'm so happy."

"Me too, Riles... me too..." I said as she kissed me... I was the most happiest man alive.