Chapter 29

28- sopor (it's Latin)
I woke feeling immensely comfortable. More comfortable than I'd felt in a while which might have been because of the bed of leaves felt under me but I was more convinced he cause of the comfort was in my arms. It was something large and soft and warm. Strange I hadn't slept with a teddy bear since I was very small. With A great effort I opened my eyes and found what I was holding was not a stuffed animal but a very much live one. I jerked away from it with a squeal of surprise and heard some throaty laughter. 
   "Van," I asked suspiciously and the large black dog nodded opening it's eye to reveal two pools of gold. "You idiot you scared me half to death! Why are you in my bed anyway and more to the point why is it made of leaves."
    "Man that sleeping potion really did knock you out. You're in the house of a healer from the elf tribe Lucus which is why you're bed is not the usual mattress. I'm lying here because I was tired  just watching you and you were having some sort of nightmare. So I laid beside you and you calmed. Eventually I just fell asleep." I considered this and nodded, seemed a good enough excuse to me. 
    "You look funny hen you talk as a dog you know," I giggled and he rolled his eyes. The dog melted away from my arms and was replaced by the usual tall, muscular 16 year old Donovan I was used to. 
"Better," he asked. 
"Much."
"How are Grace and Mark," I asked remembering why we were her and shooting up.
"They're fine Blay better than you actually. The healer and water sorted them right out and then they gave you the sleeping potion because you've used up far too much of your magical energy over the last few days." He pushed me back down onto the bed and tucked my stray hair behind my ear and I did the same to him.
"Rest, you need enough strength to get us to the cabin tomorrow," he told me and I nodded. Van didn't change again he just settled back don next to me and we both fell back into sleeps open arms.