Chapter 23

23- feelings

"Hey Van," I whispered nervously. He unfroze and looked around wildly until his frantic eyes landed on me. I felt cold from all the rain and scared. 

   "Did you freeze time again," he asked sounding a little hurt. 
"Yeah but I didn't mean to. Nervous reaction you could call it."
"Oh," he replied watching me with a mix of emotions.I stared back silently, my tongue was glued to the roof of my mouth. 
"So..." He prompted.
"Van I'm not very good at this stuff. I've never had a relationship, never kissed anyone and until now never even entertained the idea I was gay. I don't know how these things work and I'm probably not going to be the best I don't know boyfriend or whatever."
  "But..." He prompted again a small smile playing on his lips but his eyes were still frantic. He had no idea where I was going with this.
   "But I really enjoy you're company. You have a way of calming me down and you're always trying to keep me safe. I'm sorry for pressuring you earlier, I know you'll tell me more about yourself in your own time. And...and.."
"You're willing to give this a try and be my boyfriend," he helped me and I smiled. 
"Yes."
"Fantastic," he grinned and then he kissed me again...and I didn't interrupt. 

A/N sorry this is probably terrible but I'm  not great with the mushy stuff. It's short I know but it's an important moment and I didn't want to take the chapter any further. Hope you enjoyed it and the romance should dial down from now on