backfired.

*Maddie's POV*

Everything's going great up here. I'm seeing people I've lost connection with. It's peaceful and I get all the sleep I want. It's worry-free.

I then felt something appear next to me. I looked to my right to see a confused Demetriana.

I walked over to her teary-eyed. I wasn't aware that she died. I knew that the gate angel said that I'd lose someone I loved, but I didn't expect it to be her.

"Demetriana? What are you doing here? How'd you die?" I asked frantically.

"Demetriana? Who's that?" The girl asked.

I then remembered. I moved behind the girl and put her hair into a ponytail and on the back of her neck there I was. The familiar birth mark.

I turned back around to face the front of her.

"Diana?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, that's me... but who are you?" I started to cry even more! I knew it! I do love her. There hasn't been a day that I haven't thought about her.

I was a little girl who always wanted to follow Demi around. She just had her baby and gave it up to the adoption center.

She put the baby in the cart next to another baby. Nobody knew there was another baby in there. But, I did.

She kissed them both goodbye when nobody could see. But, she didn't know I could.

About 2 years later, Demi started leaving to go somewhere every Friday night. She'd sneak out of the house.

One night I decided to follow closely behind her to see where she was going. I follow her into an adoption center.

The door was very heavy and she couldn't hold it open very long or enough. Me being stupid, I decided to help her and she gasped when she saw me.

"Maddie. Why are you here?" She asked me angry.

" I-I wanted to see where you were going" I said tearing up because of her tone.

"Okay, so when I had my baby. I actually had two, but I hid that from you guys. She's grown up and I come to see her sometimes." She said.

"No telling mommy or daddy. It's our little secret. " she said grinning.

Every Friday after that we got "ice cream" but we secretly went to see Diana. I grew a strong connection with her.

I loved her.

"Uhm, can you tell me who you are?" Diana said impatiently.

"I'm Maddie. I'm Demi's sister." I said.

She groaned at Demi's name. I could tell that she didn't like her and knew that she was her mom.

"Well, how'd you end up here?" She asked me.

"I - uh I committed suicide." I said. I felt bad because, well she doesn't really have it like I do.

"Wow." She replied staring off into the distance.

"What about you?" I asked her.

She looked down.

"I got hit by a car." She said.

That was actually pretty common. Why does she feel like it was so bad? I mean dying is bad and getting hit by a car is too. I'm just not getting it.

"Demi's car." She said looking up.

I gasped. I mean I knew that Demi was a horrible driver, but her daughter?

"It was about 2 weeks ago. I could see her before she hit me." She began to say.

She was crying.

"I was walking down the street, and she seemed like she was drunk. Her eyes were red. She stopped the car and I started at her. She told me to go. I started to walk and then she stepped on the gas petal. We both made eye contact before she hit me. It felt like time stopped. She knew it was me." She said sadly.

Poor Diana. I wonder how Demetriana is gonna take this.

*Demetriana's POV*

How the hell does this girl look so much like me?

I was in shock.

I couldn't keep this thing up for long. I was Ary for about 2 hours!

I got up and out of the restaurant and stormed out.

I went back to our house to see if I can gather some information.

I went to the spot where I thought Demi's information would be. I went to her closet and moved all of her shoes out of the way trying to find something.

I found a secret compartment in the floor. It was a hole. It had stairs and everything!

I went down the stairs and found a light. I turned on the light to reveal a new studio. It looked neat and had some tracks.

I started to play the music and it was unreleased. It sounded so damn good.

I listened for about an hour until I tried to find what I was looking for.

I saw this file cabinet in the corner with a lock on it. Shit.

It took me a while to find the key but, it wasn't very far. Stupid, Demi.

I opened it and it revealed a lot of papers. I scanned through the papers.

2011, 2016B, Demetriana, Diana

I stopped at Diana Lovato. There's Lee also. The Lovato can't be grandma.

I looked at the birth certificate I found in the file.

Diana Devonní Lovato.

My heart broke. I have a twin and nobody told me?

I left the papers there and ran out the house. I locked it back after gathering all of my things. Once again I headed for the airport. This time without the sunglasses.

I spend too much money going back and forth between Texas and L.A so I took the private jet.

I arrived in Texas and paparazzi surrounded me asking me tons of questions.

Did you fake your own death?

I thought you were dead?

Are you gaining weight?
"Fuck you." I replied to that one.

I ignored them all.

Grandmas house wasn't too far from the airport so I ran. I figured I needed the exercise.

I saw tons of police outside her house. Probably for me. I was gone for like 10 hours.

"Grandma!" I yelled almost crying.

She engulfed me in a big hug.

The police men were in shock. They eventually started clapping. They kept asking questions. Damn, paparazzi or nah?

I turned back to Diana and told her.

"I have a twin." I said clearly out of breath.

Her eyes widened and I felt like she didn't know.

How doesn't she know? And who does?

I just sat there exchanging looks with Diana. I took the birth certificate out of my pocket and showed her.

She immediately called the treatment center.

"I need an appointment with Demetria. Immediately" she said concerned.

What the hell is my life?
-------------------------------

Hope there isn't too many errors!

Comment, vote, etc.

I probably will update tomorrow afternoon!

Maybe tonight if I get votes and stuff! Byeeeeee