meeting maddie

*Maddie's POV*
I got home after the incident with the black eye. As soon as I walked in the door, my sister Demi came up to me and got angry.

"What the hell happened to your fucking eye?!?" She gets really upset about me and my bullies.

"Nothing Demi, I hit myself with a bar in gym this morning." I looked down and not up.

She didn't believe it but she let it go. (A/N: Hah, see what I did there?)

"Let's go get you cleaned up. What happened in school today?" I was actually glad she asked.

"I met somebody new and I think we would be good friends." I smiled.

"That's great honey! I'm so happy for you. You should ask her to come over tomorrow!"
---------
I went to my room and got my phone out. I went through all of the hate trying to hold back my tears.

I texted Demetriana instead of doing something stupid I'd regret.

M- Hi, it's Maddie :)

D- Hi, it took you so long to text me! Thought you'd never text!

M- Haha. Do you want to come over after school tomorrow?

I was hesitant about sending it. I did it anyway.
I waited 5 minutes... then 5 more.

*ding*

D- Of course! I can't wait. Also, I'm sorry I didn't text back sooner. My mom made me call my dad at work.

M- Okay, see you at school.
---------------
*Demetriana's POV*

Today was the day I go over Maddie's house. I wore a long sleeve black shirt for many reasons and long sweatpants for many reasons. I also wore my favorite black uggs. It's like 45 out.

I walked to school and went to first period. I sat by Maddie. We basically talked the whole period.

Before lunch I contacted my driver and got him to take us to Tom Wahls for a milkshake since she didn't want to eat either.

After school, we started walking to her house.

"Okay, one thing I should tell is that my family is crazy. Another thing is that my sister is Demi Lovato." She was scared about my reaction whether I was gonna freak out or not.

"No shit, Sherlock" I laughed. We laughed.

"I didn't think you'd notice. I don't really look a lot like her." She was kind of sad about that I could tell.

"I don't care. Just as long as we're friends!" I was happy I had Maddie as a friend. She's actually chill.

We got to her front door to be met by Dianna. She had snacks in her hand and when she looked up and saw me she froze.

"Mom...?" Maddie said.

"Oh, uhm I'm sorry. Take the snacks and you guys can go upstairs. I need to talk to Demi. Nice to meet you by the way honey!" She tried to smile and hide her nervousness.

I didn't know what was going on but I didn't really like it because it made me feel like something was wrong with me.

"Hey, don't mind her. She's weird. Let's watch Netflix" Maddie said. I agreed.

"As long as we watch The Fosters." She screamed and told me that's her fave show. I love Maddie already.

*Dianna's POV*

I rushed downstairs to see Demi. I couldn't believe this.

"Demi, I think you should go see who Maddie's friend is. Don't freak out, it's going to be okay." She looked at me nervously and ran up the stairs.

*Demi's POV*

I ran upstairs and went into Maddie's room. I walked in, and saw her next to Maddie on the bed. I almost cried.

"Hey, honey, what's your name?" My voice was getting shaky.

The name she said pulled my world together. I didn't say anything after. I was in shock.

"My name is Demetriana" I broke down and cried into my hands as I walked to my room.

I couldn't believe it.

My babygirl, Maddie's friend,  is her. I need to talk to her, but not now. I need to get to Frank and Dani. I love you, Demetriana Devonna... Lovato.