my voice.

*Demi's POV*

My baby girl passed out last night while cutting herself. I don't know why she did it instead of talking to me. I shouldn't have yelled at her or show that I was angry. I'm just upset about the press. My fans are talking shit about me.

I've been in the hospital all night, I haven't eaten or sleep since the incident. I will when I know that baby girl is awake.

Just then a doctor came into the room and I stood up.

"Miss. Lovato?" he said as if he had bad news. My face frowned, but I was still in the mood to correct him.

"Demi... please. Call me Demi." I said stressfully. I was freaking out.

"We don't know how this happened, but when she cut deep... it sent something to her brain and now she might not be able to speak again." He forced out.

I shook. My baby girl's voice. "Is this permanent, or?" I asked.

"No, but I think that she will be able to talk in about 5 months. After that, it's up to her whether she wants to talk or not." the doctor said. I felt a tear come down my cheek. Damn, I'm so emotional at times.

The doctor left just as Demetriana woke up. I looked at her with my eyes wide open. She tried to talk. But she couldn't. She started to hold her throat and scream. But, she couldn't. I gave her a caring look and told her not to worry.

I explained everything to her and she nodded. She looked hurt. I hate that my baby girl has to go through this. Why isn't it me?

I gathered all of her stuff and carried her out of the hospital. I knew that there were going to be paparazzi outside waiting so I covered her up and buried her in my chest. We then went to a restaurant to eat.

I was on the phone with my manager when the waiter comes up to us and asked what we wanted. I gave her my pointer finger to indicate that we'd need a moment. She stayed there.

"And for you little girl?" she said rudely.

Demetriana just sat there not knowing what to do.

"Hello! I'm talking to you. What are you, stupid?" she whispered when she thought that I couldn't hear.

I heard soft sniffles come from Demetriana and I hung up on my manager and turned around and stood up to be face to face with the waitress.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I said with anger in my voice.

"I'm Kennedy. Who the fuck are you?" she said. I know she didn't just say that.

"I'm THE Demi Lovato. I can get you fired in 2.5 seconds." I said through gritted teeth.

"Try me." she said confidently.

I jumped over the tables and marched straight into the kitchen. I demanded them to fire her.

"No, ma'am we can't do that" they said. I just started laughing in their faces.

I pulled out my phone and went on Facebook. I went live for everyone to see.

"Hey Lovatics, I'm in Outback right now, and this rude waitress named Kennedy called my baby girl stupid. If you didn't know already, she has lost her voice and it may be gone for a while. Kennedy asked my baby girl what she wanted and you know, she can't talk. So, Kennedy felt the need to call her stupid. I demanded for her to get fired and these people refused. If you're in Outback, or like to go here... don't." I then shut it off and smirked at everyone in the kitchen.

I looked out at everyone eating and more than half of them were getting up ready to leave. Then I checked Twitter again and saw the trending hashtag #JusticeForDemetriana.

I smiled. My Lovatics really do pull through sometimes.

"We're bringing you to court!" the owner and manager screamed after me.

"Good. Maybe by then I'll find two fucks to give." I snickered.

I hope they like ass, because they're gonna be kissing mine when I win at court.

*Demetriana's POV*

Demi went way over the top for me. I didn't know I meant this much to her. If I could speak, I would have stopped her. I can't wait until I get my voice back. I'll never take my voice for granted ever again.

Demi and I decided to go to the mall and buy some new sneakers. I barely wear sneakers, so more like she went to the mall and dragged me along to buy some more sneakers.

We were shopping and she chose some really cute Skechers. I mean I wouldn't wear them because I hate them, but she is always in those commercials so.

During check out, I had a huge craving for Auntie Anne's I left and went to get some. I pointed to where I was going so Mom wouldn't worry. I stood in line for about 5 minutes and then I got my pretzels. As soon as I was walking back to the store, I saw Demi wave at me. I smiled and ran towards her.

She ate most of the pretzels and I ate only a few. I mean I couldn't say anything for obvious reasons. We were going back to the car when we realized that it wasn't there. We started to panic when we couldn't find it. Demi took out her phone ready to call her mom when the most ridiculous thing happened.

We saw the car driving towards us. It stopped as it pulled next to us. Demi tapped 3 fingers on me. Like 3, 2, 1 and then we ran as fast as we could. Forget the car, we out! Soon enough we were caught by these people who had masks on.

They were dressed in all black. How the hell did they have keys to Demi's car.

We were sitting in the car and Demi was screaming her lungs out. Then they turned around and shushed her.

Suddenly they took off their masks. Demi gasped.

-----------------------

A/N Cliffhanger!

Next update: 10/21

Maybe sooner, depends on how many comments, votes, etc. I get.

Love you guys... byeeeee