Chapter 25

He walked around the campus of Gotham U. Gordon had yet to give him a partner but he didn't think he needed one. Unfortunately Mar'i was still in the hospital but he got called in. There was a complaint from the University so Gordon sent him to investigate. A couple of girls walked passed letting out light giggles. Dick wasn't blind, he knew he was hot. Walking towards the main building the wind blew passed. A shiver traveling down his spine. He had a note in his hand as he looked around.

There was a girl with blue hair who was about to walk into the class that Zatanna currently had. "Hey Miss" he said as she stopped and turned to face him. A smirk playing against her lips when she saw him. "Would it be wrong to say that the officers of the law keep getting hotter?" she asked twisting a stran of blue hair around her finger. He was far from interested in her in any way. "There's a girl in this class, Zatanna Zatara. Do you think you can give this to her for me?" he asked blushing a bright red.

The girl's face fell as she crossed her arms. He could smell the alcohol from her when she first spoke. "No, why would I do something for you?" she spat as he smirked.

"Well I could arrest you from going to class intoxicated. The alcohol smell from your breath reaks sweetie" he said in a sickeningly sweet voice.

The fact that he was straying from the task at hand was bad enough. He should've been in the Office talking to the head of the school by now. "Fine I'll take your crummy note" she growled snatching the note from his hand. This girl really had a lot of attitude. "Oh and I'll know if you don't give it to her" he said with a wink before walking off. Stuffing his hands into his pockets as he whistled a catchy tune. His mind reeling with thousands of thoughts at once. Most of the lately being about Zatanna and Mar'i.

He knew his daughter would be in good hands right now. Stephanie was there and sadly Damian was to. That child refused to leave her side. At least they were getting along for the most part. He strolled into the grand office, tipping his hat to the secretary. "Good morning Officer" she said as he smiled resting his hands on the counter. "Commisioner Gordon sent me here. The head called him yesterday" he said as the ladies eyes went wide. "Oh I'll get her now!" she said nervously standing up.

She scurried out of the room with a light blush on her cheeks. Dick rubbed his hands together and blew hot air on them. It was quite cold in here as well as outside. Then again it could just be him as a person. "She can see you now" the lady said as he flashed her his famed smile. The one that made the ladies swoon over him. Walking passed he entered a large office. The chair was turned around to face the large frosty window. Dozens of books against the walls in their proper bookshelves. He stood there quietly not sure of what to do.

"Good morning Officer" the woman greeted as the chair spun around.

A woman who looked to be in her early fifties. Her dark brown hair beginning to grey at the sides. "Please take a seat" she said pointing to the chair in front of the large dark wood desk. Dick took a seat as he pulled out his notepad. "Commisioner Gordon sent me here. You called him early yesterday morning?" he asked as she nodded. Unfortunately he had to record everything in his notepad. Pen clicking as he scribbled that down.

"Yes there's been gang activity around the school recently. I want it taken care of before someone gets hurt" she said as Dick nodded.

He would have to get a lot of information from her if it was about gang activity. This was going to be one long meeting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Classes finally ended after she walked out. The sky was streaked in various ornages and pinks. It was rare for the sky to ever look like this in Gotham. She stood there staring up at it for a minute or two. Long blond hair blowing in the wind. Sighing she watched her breath dance in the frosty air. Her footsteps heavy against the snow as it crunched underneath her boots. She thought she had heard someone call her name but that was probably just her mind. That's when she heard it again. Turning around her eyes caught a familiar red head and a dog.