Chapter 45

As the day progressed it was getting colder and colder. Which was why he was inside. His last class ended thirty minutes ago and he was done for the day. A sigh escaped his lips as he looked down at his phone. Blue eyes lingering on the contact displayed on the screen. He liked her, he really did like her. Yet he was torn. Why did he feel this way? Was it because of his feelings for Megan?

Deep down he knew he still loved her. Megan was the first one to show him how to love, how to live. How could he ever forget her. But then there was Wendy. She was so smart and so full of life. Everything with her was made into an adventure. "Screw it" he mumbled dialing her phone number. The cold air was nipping at his fingers as he paced back and forth. What was there really to do?

It took a moment but she finally picked up the phone. Butterflies began to appear inside of his stomach. "Good afternoon Conner" she said over the phone. He could just hear her smiling with the way she spoke. "So I um was wondering if you would like to go skating maybe? Possibly" he said, his cheeks a light shade of red. That's when he heard her sweet giggle. "You sure you can handle skating?" she asked curiously.

"I'm from a farm, we used to skate on the pond all the time" he said with a smirk.

"Well then farmboy you just got yourself a date" she said, another light giggle escaping her lips.

All he could do was stand there with wide eyes. Completely forgetting that he was still on the phone. She did all of the hard work for him. It would have taken him ages to ask her if it was a date. Maybe this could even lighten up the mood. Lately everything's been so dull and depressing. He might just have some hope yet. "Sure. I'll pick you up around five" he said hearing her giggle.

"Whatever you say" she said before hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She walked down the street hurriedly. At this point she was so done with all of the secrecy and lies. All she needed to do was get out. The cold air was actually welcoming for once. Being cooped up in that house for so long could make you go crazy. Her frosty breath danced through the cold air with every breath she took. At this point anywhere was better than here. Hundreds of thoughts were going through her mind at once.

It was like her brain opened the floodgates and let all of her thoughts pour out. She walked and walked until she couldn't anymore. Looking around she noticed that she was by one of the Gotham U living area's. The dorms here were actually pretty nice. It was too bad that they were so expensive. To her surprise she saw a familiar red head walking around.

Running across the road shr dodged several car's. In this city no one was willing to stop and wait. "Hey girl where are you going" she said standing behind her. Hands placed on her hips and a smirk plastered to her face. Megan turned around to look at her. She could see just how much this was all affecting her. The puffiness of her eyes, pale skin, overall she looked sick.

She ran over engulfing her in a surprising hug. Roquette felt guilty for not coming by more often. The girls really needed to get together soon. Then it crashed down onto her again. The girls. Zatanna was no longer there to be apart of their group. The thought of that made her heart fall to her stomach. She wrapped her arms around her thin frame. "Why are you here?" Megan said with a sniffle.

Fresh tears brimming the young woman's eyes. She could see just how much she was trying to hide her pain. Even with all of that makeup on Roquette could still see through her. "Kal. I needed to go for a walk, to get away for awhile" she answered, gsze drawn down to the ring on her finger.