Chapter 29

They sat in front of the Christmas tree as the lights twinkled in his eyes. Artemis looked so happy to have some of her family here. There was one thing that he didn't tell her however. The door bell rang as she looked over at him. Wally shrugged before standing up. "I'll get it. Don't open presents without me" he said before walking to the door. A smile formed against his lips as he opened the door. "Babe who is it?!" Artemis yelled from the living room. Dinah and Oliver stood at the door holding presents.

Wally held his finger to his lips as they nodded quietly stepping in. He closed the door before answering her. "No one Arty, it was probably one of those kid's from the room down the hall!" he yelled back as Oliver and Dinah took their boots off. Wally took their coats and hung them up as they then followed him into the living room. All of their backs were to him as he smirked. "Hey Arty I think I have some mail for you" he said as she rolled her eyes and stood up. When she turned around her eyes went wide. "I thought you said the two of you couldn't make it?!" she yelled running over.

Artemis engulfed Oliver in a hug as he smiled patting her back. Dinah had a bright smile on her face receiving her hug as well. "Well we couldn't but Wally called and with the things he said well we couldn't just not show up" Oliver said as Artemis smiled at Wally.

"Yep he even cut the meeting short and left right away" Dinah said as Artemis' smile grew.

"Oh I love you so so much!" she yelled pressing her lips onto his.

Wally's green eyes widened before he cupped her cheeks kissing her back. Just seeing her happy was good enough for him. "So how about presents?" Jade offered as the two parted. Both of them were blushing a bright red as they all stared at them. Oliver and Dinah placed the new presents they brought in front of the tree. "So I think little Lian should go first" Artemis gushed seeing the little girl sitting in Jade's lap. He sat there staring at the beautiful blond that he called his girlfriend.

If Wally could write everything that he loved about her down he wouldn't because he couldn't. There just wouldn't be enough paper to write down everything. "Santa!" Lian said as Jade nodded glancing at Artemis and Wally. Jade helped Lian tear the wrapping paper from the present. In the meantime Roy walked over and sat behind her. Pulling Jade to his chest as she looked back at him. That only caught Wally's moment for a brief moment. They all watched the little girl's face light up with glee to see the present.

"Its a arrow an a bow!" she said with a joyful giggle.

Of course, the toy was kid sized and proof. Instead the arrow heads were replaced with suctions cups for safety. Oliver then scooted a gift over to the little girl. It was wrapped in bright green wrapping paper with a gold bow. "Look its from Grandma and Grandpa" Jade said with a smirk. They could all see the cringe apparent on Oliver's face to hear such a name. Lian ripped through this one as well to see a teddy bear. It was soft and white as the snow, gold embroidered designs covering its body, finished by a red bow tied around its neck.

The little girl hugged it close to her chest giving it kisses. Roy and Jade's gift was a necklace that said her name. The other presents went around quickly as there wasn't that many. Then it came the time where Wally went to give Artemis her present. "Here you go, Merry Christmas babe" he said kissing her cheek as she blushed a light shade of pink. It was a long thin black box that was underneath the gold wrapping paper. When she opened it she saw the silver necklace that had her name written in cursive. A diamond heart next to her name at the end. "Wally I love it" she said pressing her face into his chest.

He chuckled wrapping his arms around her and rubbing her back. "Here let me put it on" he said as she nodded handing him the silver necklace. Carefully she moved her long blond hair to the side as he put it on, doing up the clasp on the back. "I can out present you West" Jade said with a smirk plastered to her face. She handed Artemis a long wrapped up cylinder. It took her a moment for her to realize what it was as she unwrapped it. That's when she covered her mouth as tears welled in her eyes. "Jade how did you get this?" she asked still slightly shocked and emotional.