October 31st

For most of you its Halloween a day for dressing up and trick or treating.

For me, and most people, today marks the 499th anniversary of Martin Luther nailing the 95 theses on the doors of the All Saints' Church in Wittenberg on October, 31 of 1517

This was a huge step in the Protestant Reformation, he wasn't the only one many others helped throughout history with the Reformation, continued by, Jan Hus, Peter Waldo, John Wycliffe, John Calvin, Huldrych Zwingli, and other early Protestant Reformers in 16th century Europe.

Of course, many protestants were prosecuted for the beliefs in horrendous ways sometimes. But they always kept true to God and served him even until death, by which they are called martyrs.

Today, still the protestant reformation is still going on in one way or another. As for me, I will keep following the bible and staying true to God and Jesus, no matter what happens or what people threatened to do.

* *

Fun fact:

Luther's theses are engraved into the door of All Saints' Church, Wittenberg

Luther's theses are engraved into the door of All Saints' Church, Wittenberg. The Latin inscription above informs the reader that the original door was destroyed by a fire, and that in 1857, King Frederick William IV of Prussia ordered a replacement be made.

* *
If you want to read more about him, visit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther

And here's more on the Protestant Reformation:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestant_Reformation

* *

I just thought it would be something cool, especially since I'm a history buff XD and next year marks the 500th year of it, and its like huge!