Chapter 10

THE PROJECT

Sebastian

     We decided that tonight MacKenzie would come to my dorm so we could get a chance to do our 'project' we know that what we were really going to do was talk.

     At 9:00pm sharp MacKenzie knocks on my dorm door.

     When she comes in I try not to let my jaw drop. She's wearing a red school uniform that she ripped to mini-skirt level with a slit in the side that I could not take my eyes off of, the sleeves ripped off and ripped to a halter-neck style and the leather boots she wore that first day.

     When she noticed me looking at her she blushed but cut it off with a soft growl like she wasn't sure if she liked someone getting so close to her. She sits down and looks at me like she expects me to start explaining what had happened to me.

✴✴✴

MacKenzie

     God he knew how to destact me.

     I think he planned it like that. His night black just-got-out -of-bed-and-smoothed-it-down hair was just the start. As I mentioned before, he wasn't Mr.Macho sumo - wrestling man, but he certainly did work out; he was no toothpick. But, his eyes were just fantastic. If they were blue I'd call them ocean, but they're green and the best I come up with is the emerald city, but who wants munchkins in there eye sockets? God all the singing would kill me.

✴✴ ✴

Sebastian Black

     " So the graduation ball is tomorrow..... "

     " Are you asking me to the dance?"

     "Well, technically I'm not supposed to, usually I am supposed to ask you to dance at the actual dance."

     "And...you care about the rules?"

     "... No"

     "Good, so.... ask... me." She says slow and flirtatiously.

     "Well, Um, uh-" I stutter, I am usually pretty good in awkward situations, but this girl I don't know what she does to me.

     "Ask.....me."

     "Will you go to the grad ball with me, MacKenzie?"

     "Well, Um, uh... yes."

     "Don't mock me!"

     She laughed.

     "Are we actually going to work on the project, or..." She asked me.

     "Nah, it's not due till the day after tomorrow."

     She laughed again and smiled.