Chapter 39

BLACKOUT

Lizzy Summer

     The first scream erupted, pulling me closer to Rickson. And then I felt the pushes from behind, and closed my eyes against the darkness, nuzzling my face into Ricksons arms.

     I felt a hand grab me from behind and screamed.

     "Come on Louisa."

     "Mom!" I shrieked, pulling Rickson to a halt in front of me.

     "Mom?" Rickson asked.

      I ignored him.

     "Come along Louisa. It's time to go." She said as she pulled me along, away from Rickson.

     I pulled my arm back. "No."

     My mother whipped around, I felt her eyes boaring into me.

     "What?" She hissed.

     "No." I said meekly. "I- I'm not leaving Rickson."

     "Oh, darling, don't be silly. This boy will do nothing but break your heart. They all do."

     "Wait, Liz. Miss Summer is...?"

     "You're wrong mom."

     "Louisa, I'm never wrong. Come along, dear."

     "No mom. I'm going with Rickson."

     "Louisa Summer, you listen to me when I tell you-"

     The lights flicker but my mom was no where to be seen. "Mom!" I call, spinning around. "Mom!?"

    "Lizzy! Listen to me." Rickson growled, spinning me to face him. His tone shocked me.

     "Eursila Summer is your mother?"

     I look down. "Yes." I say quietly.

     "What?"

     "Yes!" I scream, holding back tears.

     "Why didn't you tell me?" He whispered.

     "I was too scared."

     "Scared? Scared?" He gaps at me.

     "Lizzy you didn't tell me your mother was a witch because you were scared?!"

     The lights flicker on, and I see his hand raised in the air. I shrink back. I turn, running the other way.

     "Wait, Liz, I- I didn't mean to scare-"

     I crash into someone and shriek, backing away, but the shadow had a firm grip on my hand.

     "Louisa! How lovely it is to see you." A familiar voice soothes.

     Danté.

    "Let's go for a walk... shall we?" He asks, placing a damp cloth over my mouth. I try to scream, but my brain won't respond. The world went black... or, you know blacker.

     In the distance I hear Rickson fighting against someone, but I couldn't focus as I slid into that blacker oblivion.