Chapter 26

VIDEO CONFERENCE.

Sebastian Black

      MacKenzie's face... that's all I saw...

     I didn't notice how bloody my face looked in the bottom corner of the monitor.

     I didn't notice Danté's smug look on his face (actually I did... I just chose to ignore it at that moment.) I didn't notice Eursila's annoyed look on her face.

     It was only MacKenzie. MacKenzie and me. Just us. The only thing keeping us apart was the monitor... and the duck tape over my mouth. Her eyes were watering.

     Danté reached over and fiercely ripped the duck tape off.

     "SEB ARE YOU OK!!!!!???? WHAT DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHEN I SAID DON'T GET CAUGHT!!!???!!!"

     "Well considering I a) got caught and b) just got my butt kicked I am fantastic!!!!!!! Umm let me think the don't get caught part?????" I said sarcastically.

     Danté turned the monitor away and silently motioned for Isabella to get me out of the room and by the look of how fast his hand moved like a flopping fish, I assumed he wanted me gone fast.

     She brought me back to the room I got my butt kicked in and threw me back into the cell.

     There was nothing to do but wait.... and hope, but, if they never come, I might as well get aquainted with the water cooler. We were going to be spending a lot of time together... like a lot.

     I move closer to the water cooler as if it could either keep me warm or reveal it's secrets to me.

     I opened my mouth  to speak but Isabella- who just happened to walk into the room at that moment- inturrupted me,

     "Practicing on the water cooler? You- I mean, it- can do so much better." I glared at her and she laughed. "Tough love, boy." She said.

     "You would know all about that." Now it was her turn to glare and mine to laugh.

     "Watch you're tongue. Or I'll cut it off." She said and took a gleaming silver dagger out of her jacket and whipped it through the bars.

     It landed inches from the top of my head. She smirked and walked out.

     I looked up and examined the blade.

     It was a beautiful dagger, that I'd admit to... shining silver blade, scratchless, and gleaming in the little light coming through a skylight above me. The handle was a beautiful redwood hand fitted craft, varnished and painted with intertwined gold and black swirls.

     I stood up and pulled it out of the wall. I hid it in my vest and went to examine the lock. Simple. Key required. Easy to pick.

     I pulled it out and looked around. I saw a video camera and waved.

     Then I inserted the blade into the lock and turned. The door swung open. I ran quickly back to the 'Conference room'  and typed into the computer where he messaged Eursila- 'Hold the checkbook. I'm out. ~SB' Then I ran back to the hallway, checking to make sure I still had that beautiful dagger and came to the elevator.

     I opened the door and pressed for the top floor. Once up there, I looked for what looked  like an important room and went in and looked around. A computer. Bingo.

     I brought out the USB I had and put all of the information  onto the chip. Then, after removing it, I deleted all of the current information on the computer and changed the password to- 'Danté is an ass. And yes I actually used the stars. I'm not that rude.

     I got back into the elevator and went all the way down to the lobby. Halfway this fancy dude in a suit walked in.

     "Hey Dena" I said.

     The elevator stopped and I got out. When I walked past sloth head, I threw her ID card at her. She shrieked and almost jumped three feet, and onto her desk.

     I walked out and saw a car stalled across the street. I recognized the driver at once.