Chapter 16

INFIRMARY

MacKenzie Porter

     I wake up later, and all is dark, my head is throbing and my throat feels like it's on fire, I groan and black out again.

     I wake and see Brittanna staring down at me, with a devilish smile, I scream but nothing comes out, I realize I'm gagged and tied to a chair, I struggle against the bonds but nothing works, it's like unbreakable bonds, Brittanna laughs, and punches me in the gut, I double over, eyes streaming tears, she pulls me over to the dock by the lake and lays me by the edge, leaning back on two legs, smiling like a mad woman, and pushes the two remaining legs over, I fall into the icy depths, just in time to see Brittanna pull Sebastian into a large passionate kiss.

     I wake from the nightmare to see Sebastian looking down at me concerned, he pulls me into a hug, and the tears streaming down my face are a mix of hatred and anger.

     "It's ok Mack, its all ok, it's over now, you won the fight! You beat Brittanna!" Sebastian tells me, trying to make me feel better, oblivious to the real reason why I'm crying.

     I can't stand looking like this in front of him, looking so weak in front of anyone really, I jump out of the hospital bed, and start looking for the exit.

     " Mack! Calm down, you're ok! Relax, please come back and lay down!!" Sebastian says slightly alarmed

     "Why??? Why do I need to? I'm ok... Honest!"

     "But Mack-" He starts

     Before he can finish, a team of four men and one women in white burst into the room from a door that I somehow missed before, and two,including the women, rush towards me, the other two focusing in on Sebastian.

     " Sebastian!!!" I shriek, terrified, and confused. I realize that the throbing in my head has returned.

     "It's ok Mack! I promise it's ok!" Sebastian is telling to me, "Just calm down!"

One of the two people restrain me, and drag me back to the bed, where I thrash around trying to escape. The second, the women, has a needle, which was most likely filled with sedative fluids. She says to me and prepares the needle :

     "It's all right hon just relax everything is going to be just fine."

     I feel the prick and black out, but I suspect it might have been filled with pain medication, because I floated into the abyss of nothingness.