Chapter 7

Lizzy

     I awake to Lizzy watching me. ( Oh joy, oh bliss)

     "Aahh!!"

     "Hiya!! How was your meeting?!"

     Thud. I'm on the floor?! That's new. Can't they have shorter lasting sedative? I'm still groggy.

     "Oops, you okay?! I've been released from training for today so I can get to know you and show you around!!!!!!"

     Whoopdeedo!

     "So... what about that witch Summers eh?"

     A sad look from Lizzy. That's new!!

     "She's my mother, she adopted me."

     "WHAT THE .....?!?"

     "Yeah, kind of a shock...but it's not as bad as you think, I don't get any special treatment or anything but..... we should start on the tour before it gets dark out. Also curfew is 10pm... well you have to be in your dorm by 10pm but if you want you can stay up all night. I wouldn't suggest that though... anyway this is the dorm area for the girls obviously and the kitchen is down there and..."

     I tuned out after that, even if I didn't I probably wouldn't have heard anything because Lizzy spoke so fast. Her 'interpretive dance' as I call it didn't help at all... I didn't care though.

     We finished up in the common room. At least someone actually cared and was nice, oh God I actually like someone, what has happened to me?

✴✴✴

     However some people don't have the same intentions as Lizzy, sure the same idea but that's different. Like Brittanna Sky for intance.

     She's blonde with long legs and sharp features, she was also the perfect blonde everyone dreams of being and loves to hate.

     Lizzy had gone out to get her meds which I had managed to talk my way out of so that she would go without me.

     As soon as Lizzy left Bittanna waltzed in... and when I say waltzed, I mean waltzed. Uniform swaying like a tree in a wind storm. Her hair was literally glowing from all the hair spray or whatever she used. Then she sat (more like sprawled out elegantly) right beside me. I already know I hate her.

     "So, you roommates with Lizard? That must suck. Oh, I'm Brittanna Sky by the way, nice to meet you."

     And stuck out a hand for me to shake (which I ignored )Yup, I officially hate her. She even had that pitch-perfect voice even singers would envy... I hated it.

     "I'm MacKenzie Porter, and my roommate is Lizzy." I say flatly.

     "I know, if you want me to I can see if I can get you a better roommate..."

     "No"

     "Really? She's so annoy-."

     "I'm good."

     "Hmm... OKAY then, let me know when you change your mind." With that she got up and waltzed back out the door, just as Lizzy comes back into the room.

     "You should go get your meds" She told me.

     "I did, Brittanna 'helped' me."

     "Oh"

     And with that 'happy' note in the air, we walked to our dorm and went to sleep.