Chapter 30

THIRD DATE

MacKenzie Porter

      I'm not sure why I knocked... I mean   it's our dorm. But I guess I just feel that after my little 'episode' with Sebastian and Summer closed the door on us that she was...I don't know.

     " Sebastian? Is she fixed? " Lizzy called.

     "It's MacKenzie." I called back.

     "Oh! Then why'd ya knock? " She said and I walked in. She was sitting on her bed examining her nails.

     "Whatcha doing?" I asked

     "Pretending to paint my nails. Care to join me? What I'm bored. And besides, what else can I do? " She asked and I laughed.

     Nonetheless, I sat down on her bed and started examining my nails as well.

     "Oooh I love that color on you!" She said, making me giggle. "Turn around, let me do you're hair." I protested but she turned me around and started playing with it.

     "Lizzy. Umm Lizzy? " I said

     "Shush. I'm busy. "

     "But-"

     "I'm not done your hair!!!!"

     "Lizzy we're going to be late for dinner!!!"

     "But... but... promise me you'll wear it to dinner." She said, pouting.

     "I promise... if it's not revolting."

     "Why would you think that?"

     "I had a girl do my makeup once. She made me promise to wear it all day. And not to look in a mirror... so I did and it was all Gothic... hidious."

     "Oh well, go look in the mirror." I did and it turns out Lizzy had put my hair in a messy side braid with little curly wisps framing my face.

     "Oh Lizzy!! It's beautiful!!!"

     "Yeah and we're going to be late. So get you're butt out this door now! "

✴✴✴

MacKenzie Porter

     I heard a voice from behind me.

     "You feeling better, beautiful?" I turned around and gave him a quick kiss. "Why? " He asked.

     "I'm allowed to kiss my boyfriend." I said, smirking.

     "Well Dean is throwing a dorm party tonight, so we can kiss more then." He said and kissed me on the nose.

     "Now that's just cruel." I said.

     "Sorry," He said, shrugging. "You're coming though right?"

     "Of course," I laughed.

     "You can go too, Lizzy." He said.

     "Really? Ok!" Lizzy said, no longer interested in the designs on her fork. She turned to me after he left.

     "Do you have to be so ooey-gooey lovey-dovey when other people are around? " She asked.

     "What do you mean?" I asked, though she could tell by the look on my face that I knew exactly what she meant.

     "Oh shut up. " She said, and rolled her eyes.