Chapter 1

This book is written by @alyn92002 and kiki2urheart

THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE READING THIS BOOK ME AND MY FRIEND WHO IS THE OTHER AUTHOR kiki2urheart FIRST TIME WRITERS AND WE WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE FEED BACK SO DON'T FORGET TO LIKE/VOTE AND COMMENT!!!! OKAY THAT'S ALL THANKS!!! YOU MAY BEGIN READING NOW!!!

MacKenzie Porter's party outfit

THE FIGHT

MacKenzie Porter

     I grab the windowsill of my two story red brick house using the vines that like to grow under my windowsill as foot holds to sneek in as quietly as possible.

     I had snuck out so I could go to a party, but I had been out partying all night.

     When I got through the window I fully expected to hear my father snoring from downstairs, so when I didn't I was surprised.

     All was quiet, then unexpectedly the lights of my room flick on and there stands father with a look of disapproval on his face.

     " You're way past curfew," My father states .

     "And have been for the past 3 years."

     I stay silent knowing that would be the smartest thing to do.

     And he continues without even missing a beat.

     "Ever since your mother and I divorced, you have been running wild. You're skipping classes and failing, not doing your homework and certainly not studying , partying all night then sneeking back in at the wee hours of the morning. Care to explain yourself?"

     "How would you know? You're always working!?

     My father works at the nearby manufacturing factory, working shift after shift just to pay for food and rent. He comes home late dead tired and can't even say three words to me. Then when I get up in the morning he's gone for work again.

     He says nothing.

     "Divorced?"

     I snort to hide the fact that I am choking up, my cheeks becoming heated, tears threatening to spill down my cheeks, but I continue unable to stop the emotions and feelings coming out of me.

     "That's putting it mildly. Abandoned us is more like it. 'Cause see when people get divorced they don't just randomly get up realize they're unhappy and walk away then mail the divorce papers two weeks later.

     Oh and you can forget the visits and staying in contact, have you ever heard mom ask to spend time with me? No! She doesn't even send letters. Just pretends I don't exist.

     So excuse me for wanting to party all night in my fantasy bubble.

     There are you happy now? I explained myself."

     My father just stands there open mouthed.

     "Okay while you stand there I am going to get ready for a party! " I say, just so I can get out of there.

     That snapped my father out of his daze.

     "What? Oh no you're not!"

     " Bye"

     I bolt for the stairs as fast as I can, just as tears start to fall down my cheeks.