Chapter 34

Missing

Rickson

     I look at the alarm clock in my dorm, it reads: 7:30pm, time to go pick up Lizzy for our date.

     I'm halfway to her dorm, when Julia steps into my path, blocking my way.

     "Hi Rickson!" She says in a fake cheery voice, I can see that she is actually really nervous.

     "Julia, what are you here for?" I say slowly and deliberately.

     "What do you mean?" She says faking innocence.

     My wheels start to spin all kinds of possibilities of why she could be here...Lizzy. I think panicked.

     "Where is she!" I growl.

     She looks like she is trying not to scream in fright.

     "I d-don't k-know what you're talking about." She stutters.

     "You do, and I think you better tell me before I go find MacKenzie to do it for me." I threaten, I would never do that, but she doesn't know that.

     I get really close to her, and growl one last time,

     "Where."

     "The l-lake." She finally stutters out.

     I step around her and head directly to the lake, all I can think about is Lizzy.

✴✴✴

     Outside it's pouring rain, so hard that my vision of the deck on the lake is obstructed, still I fight against the wind and rain and make my way over to what I think looks like the deck.

     I'm right. As I step onto the deck, I can see figures at the end of it. I start to run just as I hear a strangled scream from Lizzy.

     As I get to the end, I see Brittanna and her friends are holding Lizzy. She is bruised and has a few small cuts here and there, but  over all looks okay. The alarming thing is, her wrists are bound together by chains.

     Brittana says one more condescending thing to Lizzy before making the motion of going to push her. I run as fast as I can to get to Lizzy before it's too late.

     I get to Brittanna and Lizzy and am stopped by her friends.

     "Oh Rickson what are you doing here." She says with her trademark condescending smile.

     "Let her go, Brittanna!" I yell.

     "Okay." She answers surprising me.

     She then lets go of Lizzy and she starts to fall into the lake.

     "No!" I scream.

     Brittanna friends block for a couple more minutes, then Brittanna gives the signal that they are leaving.

     "Have fun with your dead girlfriend, Ricki."

     As Brittanna leaves the deck, I rip my shirt off and dive into the lake.

     I spot Lizzy at the bottom and swim as fast as I can to her.