the morning after

"Mommy, please marry daddy. I don't want him to leave us again" -Scarlet 

CARINA'S P.O.V.

During our dinner, Regan was the one who was attending our daughter's needs. He told her nanny to go eat her dinner. I was just sitting there eating while looking at the two of them. He was feeding Scarlet like she was a baby.

"She knows how to eat by herself. She is already a big girl" I told him. I felt his gaze on me but I didn't look at his direction and meet his gaze. I just concentrated on eating.

"I know she can but I want to experience doing these things to my daughter because I never had the chance to do so" He said bitterly like he was blaming me.

I didn't respond to him knowing that it would again lead to an argument about the past. I didn't want to remember it because honestly I was so tired about it. It's been years that I constantly remembering about it and it was tiring.

After dinner, he helped Scarlet cleaned herself and dressed her in her pajamas. He even tucked her to bed and read her a story. I felt a little bit jealous because before I was the one who was doing all those things to her but now I needed to share her and her affection to Regan. When Scarlet fell asleep he went to the living room and watched a movie. I followed him.

"Where is my room? I need to take a bath" I asked him while standing in front of him. He raised his feet and put them atop the coffee table.

"I already told you where" He said simply and picked up the remote control and increased the volume of the speaker. I felt my temper risen.

"I told you I don't want to share a room with you! If you don't want to give me another room I will just share Scarlet's room" I said and was about to leave when he stood up and reached for my hand, preventing me from leaving.

"No. She is already sleeping and besides, how can you sleep there when the bed is just for a kid?" He said mockingly and I pulled my hand from his grip.

"Better to sleep there than sharing a room with you" I said angrily and stormed upstairs. I went to his room to get my things but I couldn't see my suitcase. I looked everywhere but it was nowhere to be found. I checked inside the walk in closet and there I found all my stuff neatly placed inside the drawers. I swore under my breath and went to Scarlet's room.

I discreetly walked inside just to see my daughter sleeping diagonally on the bed. I tried to fix her position so that I could get a place to lay down but he stirred like she's about to wake up so I stopped immediately. I almost jumped in surprise when someone talked behind me.

"You're making this hard kitten. Just go to our room" Regan said while smirking. He was on the doorway. I walked pass him and went to find another room for myself. I tried opening the first room I saw and it was locked. Then I tried the others it was the same. I huffed in frustration when I heard him laughing at me.

"Just give up. I will continue the movie I was watching downstairs" He said with the same smirk on his face and turned his back on me. I saw a grand father's clock at the hallway and it said 10:30 pm. I felt tired, sleepy and the need to freshen up. I gave up and went to his room. I didn't have the energy to be stubborn. Tomorrow I will talk to him about this again.

After my shower, I got dressed to my pajamas and was about to lay down on the bed when I noticed the big sofa at the corner of the room. I took two pillows and a bed blanket then laydown on the sofa. I smirked to myself. I will not give him the satisfaction of surrendering to his demands. Because I was tired, I fell asleep after a few minutes.

****

I woke up because I felt someone moved next to me. Then first thing that caught my attention when I opened my eyes was the white sofa. I frowned confusedly when I realized I was on the bed and someone's sleeping beside me. Not just that, his arms was possessively snaked around my waist, his head was in my neck and his other leg was entwined with my legs. His slow breathing was tickling my neck. I tilt my head to see who it was and I gasped when I saw Regan who was still sleeping soundly. We were in a spooning position. I tried to wiggle gently out of his embrace but he moaned in protest.