First Chapter

I'm Holly Jane Underwood and I have lived with my mum alone, since I was seven after my dad disappeared.
I've lived in San Francisco ever since my birth due to mum and dad buying a house out here together.
I am now seventeen years old and mum has decided to move to a small town of Forks in Washington.

I would miss all my friends and family in San Francisco but I knew it made mum happy that she wouldn't be constantly be reminded of dad everywhere she went.
At the airport I said my last fair wells to my three best friends Peter,Ruby and Isla.
'Keep in touch.'. Ruby croaked out through the tears and gave me one last hug. 'Send lots of photos.'. Peter added and winked at me.
Isla just stood there crying into her tissue and Ruby patted her back.

Mum and I boarded the plane and in moments we where in the air.
Luckily the five hours on the plane I spent sleeping and before I knew it we had landed in Forks.
We took a taxi from the airport to our new house.
I watched carefully as we travelled along a long gravel driveway, a old White House with a porch out the front came closer and closer.
'Well this is it.'. Mum cheered and jumped out of the car.
I stay still nervously in the back of the taxi while I watched the driver and mum carry our luggage inside.
'Come on.'. Mum called eagerly and I opened the taxi door, the cold wind stung my face as I hoped out of the car and quickened my pace to get in the warm indoors.

While mum spent the whole day packing, I filled out a pile of forms because I was starting at Forks High School tomorrow.

That night I couldn't sleep. The pouring rain kept me awake and by three o'clock in the morning I gave up and decided to have a shower.
It was soon seven in the morning and I decided to leave for school early so I could prepare for my classes.

Panicking I rushed out the door and almost couldn't walk properly because of my shaking legs, anxiety flooded all over my body even to the tips of my fingers.