-three-

Farkle's POV

"Why are you leaving? Please stay!"

I rolled my eyes at the begging of my roommate. "Look, you have one more year in here and then we can visit each other outside of this hell hole."

"But why are you dropping out? Don't you want to be a lawy-"

"I don't know what I want, Dustin. I was forced to come here. I don't want to be in a place where I'm miserable. I miss my girlf- my friend. I miss my home." The last part came out quietly. Truth was, I couldn't live with the fact that I abandoned Riley. I promised her I wouldn't leave her, that we would always be together. I failed her.

"My flight leaves tomorrow," I sighed, zipping up my last suitcase.

"I'm gonna miss you, man." Dustin patted my back.

"Gonna miss you too."

*

Riley's POV

Me, Zay and Maya sat at a booth in Topanga's. They were going on about what they think Beyonce is doing at this moment, and I was unusually uninterested in the whole conversation.

"No, I'm pretty sure she's performing somewhere, she's queen b, she never rests." Maya said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Nah," Zay started, chewing on a French fry. "She has to be spending time with her daughter... And jay-z-"

"Why does it matter! Maybe she's doing both! Who cares!" I interrupted. Maya and Zay opened their mouths in shock at my words.

"Who pissed in your cornflakes, rainbow?"

"Don't worry about it." I snapped, gathering my things. "I think I should just leave."

All that's been on my mind lately were the girls in gym class.. and Charlie. I thought senior year would be the year I fall madly in love, the year where that made previous years seem lame. New friends, happiness, confidence. But I'm crumbling apart by the day.
Who was I fooling with me and Charlie's relationship? Everybody knows he had a thing for me ever since middle school. I rejected him more than once because we had nothing in common. What made me think that we did now?
I heard footsteps behind me as I walked out of the bakery. I assumed it was Maya, but to my surprise, it was Zay.

"I just need to be alone."

"Why? You know you can tell me anything, right?"

I thought about telling him what happened in school, but I couldn't get the words out of my mouth. Knowing my best friends, they'd take it to a whole other level.

"It's nothing."

"It's something."

"It's nothing, Zay!"

"It's something, Riley. I won't stop until I hear the truth."

"Fine!" I huffed, slamming my car door. "Two girls said some really rude things about me while I was in gym class, I broke up with my boyfriend who I never really liked, and I'm just... Bored with my life. Farkle left, Lucas left. All I have left is Maya and you, and I don't mean to sound selfish but it's not enough-"

Zay pressed his lips on mine, catching me off guard. I was shocked, weirded out, and confused all at the same time, but for some reason I kissed him back. I began to pull him closer, but he jolted back, as if snapping out of a trance. "I-I shouldn't have done that."

"Zay, it's okay!"

"No, it's not. I'll see you later, Riles."

I furrowed my eyebrows, watching as he jogged back into Topanga's. And then I drove home.

__________
Farkle is arriving tomorrow! What do you think will happen?

Qotc: Riarkle or Ziley?

-Vote and comment!-