-four-

Farkle's POV

"I don't understand, Farkle." My dad paced the floor, running a hand through his thin head of hair. I was just waiting for the part where he yells at me until I lose brain cells.

"I wasn't happy, dad. Don't you want me to be happy?"

"What- of course I do, Farkle! But education always comes first, and you know that! How could you even drop out without my permission!"

"Easy. By doing it myself," I snapped. "I knew you wouldn't let me do it. You'd talk me out of it, like you do each time I tell you anything you don't like. You don't control my life, dad. I should be in my senior year of high school with my girlfriend! You took that away from me!"

He sucked in a breath, starting towards me. "Farkle Minkus, you will not stay in my household unless you take your ass back to Harvard law. I'll book you a flight for tomorrow morning and arrange for you to-"

"No."

"What was that?"

"No, dad. I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going back there. I have enough knowledge to be a scientist, a pilot, a doctor. What the hell do I need college for, huh? Answer me!"

My dad went silent. He was at a loss for words, and he's never been.

"You will get out of my house by tomorrow afternoon. When I come home from work I want you gone until further notice, do you understand me, boy?"

"Oh, I understand dad. I understand exactly. I am a genius, after all." I whispered, running up the stairs and into my room. I knew my dad was crazy about education, but not this crazy. I never knew he would kick me out. Where would I go?

I tried not to have a panic attack as I clenched at my hair, thinking about what my options were. Hotel? No, I don't have money. Get a job? Need a home for that. I knew one thing for sure, I wasn't going to be homeless.
My only option was to steal from my parents. My mom is almost never home, due to her job. My dad is gone from morning to noon, since he has people who work for him.
It's not fair that he gets to sit back and collect money, while I'm out here busting my butt to get "educated enough to work for Minkus international," in my father's words.
I don't want to work for that stupid company, I don't want to go to Harvard, I don't want to continue to be my father's slave.

I wiped the tears that fell from my eyes and dialed the only number I could think of.

"Hello? Riley, I-I'm sorry."