-twenty one-

"Wow." Elliot looked me up and down as I twirled around in my red dress. 100 dollars for this? Not bad at all, if you ask me.

"And wow to you too!" I smiled, trying not to notice farkle, who sat on the couch with my mom and dad.

"Say... I won't stay out longer than twelve!" My mom smiled, snapping a picture of us.

"Mom, it's the fall ball, cut us some slack!"

"No!" My dad interjected. "Not at all! I know what teenagers do after dances. They do the do." He narrowed his eyes at Leslie.

"You said doo doo!" Auggie laughed, earning a punch from Ava. "Stop acting like such a twelve year old!"

"But Ava, I am twelve!"

"Not today you aren't." She smiled, linking arms with him.

I laughed at the two, eager to watch them grow up before my eyes. Little do they know that they're best friends in the making.
"You look beautiful." Maya said from behind me. I turned around and nearly fainted when I caught a glimpse of her blue jewel studded dress.
"Me? That's all you!"
Together, we both flipped our hair and flicked our wrists. "Stop it..."
Without realizing it, farkle was in front of me with a bouquet of flowers. "Y-you look stunning, riles."
I quickly looked at Elliot, who was smiling, though his eyes said otherwise. Now I feel like crap. I should have just grew a pair of balls and asked farkle to be my date. Instead, I asked a guy who I knew had a crush on me to go to the dance with me. How the hell do I fix this?

"Thank you farkle." I accepted the flowers and stepped to Elliot, who held out his hand.

"Ready to go.. Riles? Or should I say, date?" He turned to farkle specifically.

"Look, I know that I'm gonna ruin your whole night. This is going to suck, I suck. But I... I can't go to the ball with you, Elliot."

"But you asked me, Riley."

"I know..." I trailed off. "And it wasn't for the reason you think. I was.. Trying to make somebody jealous. I should have went with my boyfriend."

Elliot held his mouth open in shock, slowly lowering his hand. "I understand."

"Riley?" Farkle breathed, his eyebrows knitted in confusion. "You don't have to do this.."

"But I do." I interrupted him. I do have to do it. I owe Elliot that, and I owe myself that. "I love you, farkle. I want to be there for you no matter what happens. Whether you're a bum who ends up on the streets, I'll still be there. I want us to be together again, like how we used to. I want to spend the most memorable night of my teenage days with you. So... Farkle, will you be my date to the fall ball?"

His frown slowly turned into a large grin as he opened his mouth. "Of course I will, Riley."

"Elliot, will you be my date? Ya know, because I kind of don't have one." Maya chuckled, waving him over.

Elliot laughed lightheartedly. "Of course, maya."

"That... Was the most confusing thing I've ever seen." My dad spoke. "But I have to say it's pretty darn cute. Off to the dance you love birds!" He pushed us out the door.

"But I don't have a suit!" Farkle whined as the door shut in his face.

"Even without a suit you're still the only guy I'd wanna be dancing with tonight." I smiled, leaning in to kiss his cheek.

"And you're the only girl I'd wanna be with, forever."