-twenty three-

Farkle and I headed onto the dancefloor, where Beyonce's crazy in love was blaring. Thankfully, Elliot found a group of his friends and were dancing with them, while Maya, zay, and Lucas all danced together. It was hard to tell if Lucas was Mayas date.. Or zay's.
I smile widely when farkle dipped me. "You've gotten a lot stronger!"
He grinned in response. "I've been you know.. Working out."

"Okay, don't get too cocky now tiger." I winked, wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing my lips to his. It's been so long since we actually shared a kiss, a cuddle, anything actually. I feel like this night can fix all the damage and mess going on in our relationship. When I'm with farkle, I feel like I'm on cloud 9.
"I've missed your lips." He whispered against my forehead, reattaching his soft pink lips to mine.

"No PDA!" I recognized that voice from anywhere. I admired smackle in shock. Her Golden dress shimmered in the dim lighting, and it fit her like a glove. It brought out curves I didn't even know she had!
"You look so gorgeous, holy..." I stammered.
She blushed, though quickly hid it by lifting her head. "Farkle. I see you're back."

"Yes, I am.." He trailed off, looking her up and down. I hit his arm and he cleared his throat. "I dropped out of college."

"You what?" Smackle opened her mouth in shock. Suddenly, Jason, her boyfriend came behind her.

"There you are, my love. I just requested a slow song. Would you accompany me to the dance floor?"

"Of course." Smackle smiled. "We'll talk later, farkle!" She said as Jason pulled her away.

"Well that went well." I joked. Farkle didn't laugh. "Did you see the way she looked at me?"

"Farkle, what do you mean? She's smackle, she looks at everyone like that!"

"I feel like a failure." He hung his head. Not this again.. I thought, cuddling into his chest.
"Look, college wasn't what you wanted. Remember the plan we made? You come finish out the school year, we graduate together, go to the college we want-"

"What do you mean, the college we want. You mean NYU, right?" He raised an eyebrow. Crap. Shoot. Dang it. I never told him about not wanting to go to nyu.

"I... I'm just looking at other options is all, farkle."

"Other options? What about me? How are we gonna make this work if we keep separating? You see, this is why I wanted to take a break in the first place."
My eyes welled up at his words. How are we supposed to make us work if we want different things?

"You guys alright?" Maya and Lucas appeared behind us. Farkle and I turned around to face them, and then each other.
"I don't know." I murmured, rushing to the bathroom.