-eight-

Dedicated to theanabears

Riley's POV

Farkle's staying in my room. It took an hour of begging my mom, but she finally gave in, with the only catch being that the door must be open at all times.

It's 2 am, but I couldn't sleep. My mind was bouncing with thoughts, more than usual. I couldn't help but to stare at Farkle as he slept. My fingers traced his face and down to his stomach, hoping that he'd wake up and smile that boyish, cheesy smile.

He came back, and I knew it wasn't because he missed new York as he had said. It was because he missed me. Or that's what I wanted to believe, anyways.

"Why are you staring at me, popcorn face?" Farkle cracked open an eye. A grin formed on his face as I blushed and turned the opposite way.

"Wait." He whispered, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I sighed inaudibly and turned to face him. "I still love you."

"What was college like?"

"College?" He chuckled, sitting against my headboard. "It was.. Different. People are more expressive, you have more freedom, there's more social opportunities, more learning.. There's always more learning. The science club was amazing-"

"Then why did you leave?" I asked, resting my head on my hand. He shrugged, but I knew he had an answer. He always did. "Farkle, tell me."

"I left because of you, Riley."

"I know."

"You... Evil person." Farkle scrunched his nose.

"Goodnight." I laughed softly, rolling over. Not long after, his hands wrapped around my waist.

"I missed you."