-seven-

Dedicated to @riarkle_fan

On my way home I couldn't stop thinking about Farkle. What if I was wrong? I'd be getting my hopes up for nothing. Pushing the thoughts away, I said bye to Maya and entered my apartment building.

"Darn it." I muttered, digging around in my bag for my house key.

"Need help with that?"

I whipped around to see none other than Farkle Minkus. "Farkle!" I exclaimed, jumping into his arms. I couldn't believe it, Farkle was here. He was there right in front of me.

Farkle's POV

I felt like a stalker watching Riley walking home from school, but In my defense, I was coming from my dad's house. I needed to get more things from there before he got home from work. When Riley entered the building, I lingered far behind. What would she do when she saw me?

Man up, Farkle. I thought to myself, walking at a slow pace. Riley looked completely different since the last time I saw her. She cut her hair for starters; her former long wavy brown hair now only reaching her shoulders. It looked good though, beautiful, actually.

Instead of her usual attire- floral, she wore denim and black. I could see that she sported eyeliner and lipstick, something she used to hate. It's funny how things change drastically within months.

It took a quick moment before she noticed me. "Need help with that?" Riley turned around to face me, and it was like my whole world lit up. "Farkle!" She jumped into my arms. I grinned at her reaction, not expecting her to be happy to see me.

"What are you doing here?" She pulled away from me, a confused expression on her face.

"My um.. My dad kicked me out."

"He what?" Riley gasped, dragging me into her apartment, where Topanga and auggie sat on the couch watching TV. Her mom turned around when we walked past them. "Uh oh, Riley I-"

"It's fine, mom. You should've told me, but it's fine." She flashed a smile before motioning for me to follow her to her bedroom.

It still looked the same, with the exception of the Christmas lights that lined her walls. Her bay window was still in tact, her bed set the same, and her clothes still scattered outside her closet, as they always were.

"Sorry, it's a bit messy." She said shyly.

"It's fine." I looked into her big brown eyes. Those were the things that hasn't changed.

"So, why did your dad kick you out?"

I missed you.

"I dropped out of Harvard... Missed new York." I lied.

She nodded, grabbing my hand. "You can stay here however long you need to."

I smiled, not finding the words to say. She's my ex. But I broke up with her. Truth was, I wanted her to be happy. I didn't want her to be unhappy, I wanted her to move on. Or did I? Looking at Riley, I remembered what we had. Late night face time calls, vacations, trust, cheesy jokes and amazing dates. Love.

"Riley, I'm sorry for... Breaking up with you. I wanted you to be happy, not to wait for me."

She looked taken aback, but pursed her lips. "It's okay. We'll work on it."

____________
Ah, they're reunited! What was your favorite part of the chapter?

Vote and comment loves :) ❤