-thirteen-

"Peaches!"

"Riles!"

Maya ran into my arms once she spotted me entering the rink. Her long blond hair was kept in place by a black beanie, complimented by her black winter coat and gloves. It had to be at least 20 degrees outside, but when you've lived in New York for your whole life it's pretty much nothing, to be honest.

"I missed you so so much, let's forget that whole petty argument." I begged, mentally praying that she'd forgive me. Though, I'm not really sure what even caused us to fight in the first place. Either way, I was just happy to have Maya back.

"Riley, we can't just forget it, we have to talk about these things."

"I know, let's talk." I sighed, letting Maya help me skate over to a bench.

"I got mad because I thought that maybe... Farkle would replace me. Your boyfriend is back, mine is in Texas; I guess I just got jealous." Maya explained, fiddling with her fingers.

"Maya, you know that could never happen!"

"Yeah, I know." She smiled apologetically. "I don't know why I thought it would."

*

It was busy in Topanga's this afternoon, most likely since it was the perfect place to be on a winter day. The smell of gingerbread that floated out of the bakery could be smelt all the way down the street, drawing in dozens of customers by the minute.
Farkle, Zay, Maya and I sat at a booth in the back of the store, slowly sipping apple cider and joking about random things. Maya and Farkle finally seemed to be genuinely getting along, which made me happier than anything.

"So Farkle, are you gonna go back to college?" Zay questioned.

"I don't think so," Farkle said thoughtfully. "I don't feel like I need to. I just want to live a normal life."

"What do you mean, your life isn't normal?" I laughed, watching as Farkle's cheeks turned bright red.

"Being the son of the richest man in new York has its... Perks. But you guys haven't seen that part of my life."

Maya raised an eyebrow at his response. "What do you mean by perks, Minkus?"

"Interviews, bribes, paparazzi, you know, things like that." Farkle muttered.

"How come we've never seen it?" I asked, intrigued by his double life. How could we not have known that he was this big of a deal?

"Like I said, I didn't want anyone to know."

_______
Hey loves, sorry I haven't been updating, I've been on writer's block, and I've been sick with the flu and etc. So yeah :/ but I hope you're enjoying the story lately