-twelve-

It started snowing last night, the fluffy white substance making it's way down all the windows of Manhattan. I grinned at the news reporter, as he'd announced that school was canceled. Not only would I be alone with Farkle all day, but we'd have the whole house to ourselves!
"Thank God." I muttered under my breath, my cheeks hurting from smiling so much. Farkle was still sleep, since it was only 6 am.
I made two cups of hot chocolate and made my way into my room, where I was surprised to see him staring out of the window.

"Hey, bighead." I teased, sitting down beside him.

"Morning, babe- I mean Riles." He blushed, eyeing the mug of hot chocolate. "That for me?"

"Who else is it for, freckles?" I giggled, cuddling into the crook of his neck. He grabbed the mug from me and sat it down on the bay window. Looking down at me, he smiled his award winning smile.

"What?" I asked, growing shy under his stare.

"Nothing." He chuckled, looking away.

"Tell me!"

"I just... Would love to pick up where we left off at the park."

I pursed my lips, taking a sip of my drink. It slightly burnt my lips, causing me to jump. "Ouch, that hurt."

Without realizing it, Farkle was leaning into me. I closed my eyes, allowing his lips to collide with mine for the second time. He then pulled away, removing a strand of my hair from his mouth. Somehow, it always did that. I mentally cursed my hair for being a mood ruiner.

"Your hair seems to be the same as I left it." He joked, pecking my forehead.

"Yeah yeah," I rolled my eyes. "What's the agenda today? No school."

"The agenda is to make up with your best friend. It's painful for everybody, seeing you two fighting like this."

I sighed heavily at his scolding. Did I even miss Maya?

What kind of question is that, of course I do.

I gave in to his pleading and pulled out my phone to dial her number. Farkle "excused" himself from my room, leaving me alone to make up with Maya.

"Hello?"

"Maya, I miss you."

There was silence in the other end.

"I miss you too Riles. I thought you'd never call."

"Then why didn't you?"

I skipped over the small detail that Farkle told me to call her- if I didn't, she'd probably hate me forever.

"I dunno.." She laughed.

"What are you doing today? We could go to the mall or something." I crossed my fingers. I missed her more than I was letting on, but space is good when you see somebody every single day.

"How about ice skating?" She suggested, in which I cringed. I could barely skate on four wheelers, yet alone ice skates. I agreed though, eager to spend time with her again.
"Sure, ice skating works!"

"Great, I'll be there at nine!" Maya hung up the phone.

Turning around, I saw Farkle peeking into the room from the hallway. "You happy now?"

"Indeed." He grinned, making his way over to where I was seated.

__________
Weird way to end the chapter, I know, but I'm kind of having writer's block 😣

-Vote and comment babes ❤-