Chalk and Hearts

Niall:

I really was on top of the world. Nothing could be better than right now. All the windows in the car down as Harry sped down the road at a Fast and Furious speed. A Taylor swift song came on the radio and it was all i could to stop myself from belting out the lyrics. A long time ago when Harry and Taylor were "dating" as a promotion for our album we would blast Taylor Swift songs everywhere we went or randomly burst into song and dance. Harry's a good sport and would sometimes join us but after a while he did get annoyed. Grumbling Harry turned the volume down and fumbled with the dial til he found a suitable station. The music was unfamiliar to me but Harry seemed to know who it was. He drummed his fingers on the steering wheel and hummed along. I turned down the volume. "So uhh you were right." i told him running a hand through my hair.

"I always am." Harry said with a giant smile on his face. "Wait bout what?" Harry asked a bit confused. I rolled my eyes.

"She loved the necklace." i replied.

"As she should. Was she mad you got her something?" Harry asked glancing at me before focusing his attention back on the road. I shrugged.

"She was mad that i had surprised her. Actually punched me." i said.

"What!" Harry said shocked as he threw his head back laughing.

"Eyes on the road!" i told him as we narrowly missed a parked car.

"Your girlfriend is something else." Harry said taking one hand of the wheel to punch me in the arm.

"Yeah i know." i replied running a hand through my hair again.

"So when are you going to see her again? Her parents still going a bit nuts?" Harry asked putting both hands back on the wheel.

"Probably tomorrow and well sort of. I actually haven't seen them in a while so. We'll see." Harry nodded and we were quiet for a while. He turned the volume on the radio back up and stared belting out lyrics. I laughed watching him thinking of the day ahead.

Sarah:

Brushing my bangs out of my eyes i sat down in front of Alison at the lunch tables. "Hey!" i said maybe a bit to happily. Alison looked at me funny.

"Someone's chipper today. I'm guessing things are going better?" she asked opening her yogurt. I nodded vigorously.

"Ms. Martouchi is letting me retake the math test i failed yesterday and Mr. Kuhn is waving away the fact that i broke his telescope. Another kid confessed to breaking it and doing a sloppy repair to cover it." i told her taking a bite out of my sandwich.

"Who was the son of bitch?" Alison asked. I shrugged.

"Big school Alison i don't know everyone but i thanked him afterwards. He said he was glad he could help. Apparently seeing me get yelled at didn't sit well on his conscious or something like that." i shrugged and Alison nodded.

"That's new." she said gesturing toward me.

"What is?" i asked knowing full well what she meant. I just wanted her to ask.

"That necklace. What is it?" she asked opening a bag of potato chips. Alison could go through food as fast as Niall. Sometimes i thought we should have an eating contest with the two of them. We could see who could inhale things better.

"It's a paper airplane." i said picking it up and showing it to her. She nodded munching away. She swallowed her food before replying.

"Where'd you get it? It's really cute." Alison said.

"Well uhhh. Actually Niall got it for me in San Francisco. I don't know where he went." i said shyly looking down at my food.

"Shut up! No way That is so cute!" Alison said jumping up and down in her seat and clapping her hands.