Awkward Talks and Pictures

Sarah:

"So.. How are things going with you and uhh Niall." my Dad asked the next day on our car ride to my school.

"Dad. Are we really about to talk about boys?" i asked looking at him like he was crazy.

"Well he is your first boyfriend and as your father i reserve the right to know what you and him are doing on these dates of yours." he said throwing in a flourish of hand motions to go with what he was saying.

"What could we possibly be doing besides having a good time?" i asked and immediately regretted saying.

"Well let me tell you my version of fun as a teenager." he started off.

"Dad! No!" i shouted covering my ears with my hands. He started laughing.

"Hey it's what all the kids did and let me tell you it was.." i groaned loudly and started shouting no at him. "Alright alright. I'm kidding." my dad said pushing me slightly. I smiled at him. "But in all seriousness. As you are my own daughter, only child, i think i should know if you guys have.. You know.. Done the dance." my dad said awkwardly.

"DAD!" i shouted at him turning a bright red.

"Well i need to know!" my dad shouted back teasingly. I dropped my face into my lap.

"We haven't done anything!" i groaned.

"Not even kissed? Boy is he a loser." my dad said.

"No dad. We've kissed." he gaped at me.

"What! Where was I! Why didn't i have a camera or or a video recorder. My phone! Victoria and i were going to make scrape books. Document every little movement and..." i cut him off.

"No you weren't!" i yelled with a gasp.

"You're right... We all ready have." he added after a pause.

"Dad!" i shouted as he laughed at my distress.

"I'm kidding! You know i am!" he said jokingly punching me.

"I have to get out of here." i said looking out the window and wondering if i should unlock my door and just jump out of the moving car.

"Hey now! We're almost there." my dad said pulling up to my school.

"Finally!" i said with a sigh. I opened the door and jumped out closing it behind me. As i took off my dad rolled down the window and like a child started singing.

"Sarah and Niall sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" i ran past a crowd of snickering kids trying not to explode with embarrassment.

"Hey there! Slow down!" Alison shouted pushing her way through a crowd of people. I stopped in the middle of the hall panting and waited for her to catch up. She had a giant mocking smile on her face. "I heard your dad." she started. I groaned and leaned against the lockers behind me. Maybe if i banged my head against them hard enough i would forget everything.

"The whole school heard." i said covering my face with my hands. Alison started laughing clutching her sides as we continued down the hall.

"So what were you guys talking about?" she asked once she was able to contain herself. I explained to her what happened and she stared at me her mouth open. "They started the scrapbook without me! Fuck! We were suppose to do this together!" Alison said throwing her hands in the air throwing a little fit.

"Not you too." i whined. She started laughing again. "Is there really a scrap book?" i asked as we got to our lockers. She put one finger over her lips as if to say Shhhh. "Is there!" i asked a little worried now. Alison shrugged.