Chapter 3: Help

Pushing the old, vintage styled dress on to my lap, I tried to bring myself to my feet. Though that only caused me to crash down a moment later yelping from pain, I cupped my arms around my head before hitting the ground.  A set of panicked footsteps came to my door, pulling it open.

"Are You Ok?" glancing up, I was met with papyrus's worried eyes staring down at me, before I could utter a word I was scooped up. "What Happened?? Are You Hurt?" he questioned leaning in to me panicking, not really knowing much about human anatomy, "my ankle" I explained.

Placing me on the bed, papyrus inspected my ankle and let out a low hiss in sympathy "..I'll Go Get You Some Ice, So Stay Still" he stated, flying out the room. Glancing down at my puffy ankle, I noticed a pair of sneakers under the bed.

Yanking the old note from the floor, I scrunched it up in my hand, and chucked it across the room. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have to deal with this constant pain, physically and emotionally.  Wiping at my eyes, I tried my hardest not to cry.  the door quietly opened after a knock as paps walked in with a ice pack in hand.

Going to his knees in front of me, he held out one skeleton hand at me. "You Can Squeeze My Hand If It Hurts" he offered, about to place the icepack down. Holding his hand , I squeezed tightly, biting my lip as the ice burned, yet soothed my skin simultaneously  "It'll Be Ok" Paps tried to reassure. "....Thanks" I breathed, the pain finally dulling.

After a couple moments, a voice called down the hall "Papyrus!"  he turned his head to the voice "Will You Be Ok By Yourself For A While?" Papyrus asked , I nodded hesitantly, holding the icepack to my ankle as he escaped the room, politely shutting the door behind him.

Sighing,  I decided to get dressed before anyone else knew I was up. It was a struggle to get changed,  but I finally managed it.  Taking the ice pack away, and replacing it with the brace had to be the most painful part, but once on it, it did ease the pressure when I stood, I hobbled in shallow footsteps, but I was at least able to walk. Slipping into the sneakers, I left my barren room.