Chapter 55 The Hidden Village

READER'S POV

Link and I got back to Kakariko village and we dismounted our horses and we went inside the Sanctuary. Once we got inside Link walked over to IIia and he showed her the wooden statue that we got. IIia stared at it wide eyed. She said,"What...is this?!" IIia clutched her head, closed her eyes and said,"I... I remember something... I was confined somewhere... Yes, and I was saved by whoever was confined with me... And that person set me free, they gave me this statue..." IIia raised her head and said,"Yes, yes, I remember that much! But that means...that person is still in trouble! Oh, what is WRONG with me?! I can't remember where that place is was!"

Just the Goron Elder shouted,"I REMEMBER!" Link and I jumped in fright and we both said,"Remember what?!" The elder said,"I thought I had seen that before somewhere... that belonged to the tribe that protected the Hylian royal family long ago before the assassins came into the picture." I said,"Really? where do they live?" The elder then said,"They worked in secret, so they lived in a lonely, forgotten place. But I heard that tribe dwindled in the prolonged wars..."

The elder raised his hand on the side of his mouth and said,"If you two want to find that hidden village, look for a path leading to the Lanayru province on the far side of the Bridge of Elden. But...a rockslide blocked the way to the village long ago, so you can't get there anymore." IIia hung head low sadly and the elder saw this and he said,"What? Oh, I did not mean to worry you, little human. Problems like these are not problems to Gorons."

The elder turned to Darbus and he nodded his head to him. Darbus also nods his head and he walked out of the Sanctuary and he slammed the door behind him. The elder turned to us and said,"Our Patriarch, Darbus, will be waiting for you two up ahead. Look at your map to see where. I would try to find the path beyond the Bridge of Eldin that leads to Lanayru Province."

Link gets his map out and he looked at where Darbus could be. I thought for a moment and said,"Strange this village that the elder mentioned sounds familiar, I think I remember my mother telling me this village." Link looked at me and said,"Have you been there before?" I said,"No, I kinda remember my mother telling me about this village before but I can't seem to remember much about it." Link then said,"You might remember it more when we get there come on."

Link said as we left the building and we got onto our horses and I then realised something,"Wait a minute, Link, wasn't the bridge of Eldin destroyed when we were on our way to the Lanayru spring?" Link smirked and said,"I already solved the problem when I was heading to Telma's bar." I then said,"Good work, race you there! Hiya!" I kicked Diablo's side and I galloped off in front of Link and he shouted,"Hey!! You didn't say go!!" Link said as he tried to catch up with me.

On the way there we saw some of those bandits from before. I got my crossbow at the ready and Link got his bow and arrows at the ready. I took out two of them that were on the ledge. Link cantered next to me and then we both took out three of the enemies that were near the wooden bridge. Once we got to the spot where the elder told us. I pulled the reins back making Diablo stop and Epona came to a halt as well. I said,"This looks like the place where the Cor Goron mentioned."

Link nods his head and we then got off our horses and we then headed inside of the cave. Once got to the bit where the rock slide was that the elder mentioned, we saw Darbus and he was already bashing at the rocks and he was almost through to the village as well. With one final punch, we could see the hidden village. Darbus turned to us and said,"There is a hidden village up ahead, little humans. The elders call it a forgotten place. This scent that has been burning my nostrils...it is the scent of evil."

He said as he sniffed about. Darbus then said,"There is one powerful creature I have seen about...but under that beast are many minions who attack and plunder like a pack of hyenas. There are 30... No... At most, 20 of them ahead... They are probably just a small band of survivors... Ragged remnants who have settled, leaderless, into this village. If that is all there are, little humans, you two alone are more that enough for them. But you two will have to defeat them ALL to save that girl's benefactor. Before you two go, I will tell you the secret to besting them: destroy them all before they spot you two! Got it, little humans!"