Chapter 15

"Tomlinson, welcome back." The coach said and Louis rolled his eyes. He watched as the other members of the team stood on the field warming up. After a long discussion, too long in Louis' opinion, the coach let him back on the team and Louis was glad to have a distraction from whatever was going on in his life.

Lately his parents had been arguing a lot more, and he knew it was to do with work. Harry was avoiding him like the plague. He wondered whether he'd told anyone about the strange thing that appeared on his wrist. However, he was more worried about why Zayn and Liam had been acting weird. Louis saw the way Liam was around Harry, and the way Zayn and Liam were suddenly just not as close.

They knew something, and with Liam's parents being on the council he had a feeling it was serious and had something to do with Harry. Unfortunately, during school Louis couldn't go near the boy without being tackled by his security guard his parents had hired.

"Thanks coach." Louis said, snapping out of his daydream. The team was told to line up and get in their starter positions. Since Louis was the captain, he was put at the front and suddenly there was a loud whistle blowing. He sped off at the speed of light and he was at the finish line in a flash.

"Three milliseconds, you can do better than that Tomlinson."

"I've been off the team for weeks, what do you expect?" He asked, panting slightly. He waited a while for his teammates to finish. They were quick, but not super speed quick. After a few more laps of the track, they were sent off to the locker rooms where a bunch of buff guys talked about shit Louis didn't listen to.

"I hear Styles went home sick today." Someone spoke, catching Louis' attention.

"He's too weak to even walk alone, why am I not surprised?" Someone else chuckled. Angrily, Louis slammed his locker shut and turned to look at who was talking. The two boys paid no mind to Louis and continued on talking. You can't cause shit Louis, you'll get kicked off again. He told himself.

Instead he just shoulder barged one of them as went passed.

Zayn was meant to be picking him up, and he was relieved when he saw Zayn in his beat up car, cigarette in hand. Only, he looked upset himself, stressed. His eyes were bloodshot and he gripped the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles were white.

"You okay Z?" Louis asked as he got into the passenger side of the car.

"I broke up with Liam." Zayn answered, taking another drag of his cig before handing it to Louis, who took it gratefully. He was shocked, Zayn and Liam were the dream team, or so he thought.

"May I ask why?" Louis buckled up and waited for Zayn to pull out of the car park. He did and soon they were driving. Normally they had music playing, but this time they were basking in silence while Louis waited for an answer.

"Because... I don't know Louis, something's up. I have a feeling, I can read emotions and I know how Liam feels around me. He's hiding something from all of us, and I saw that Niall kid today, you know, the one Harry's friends with and the one that was in school a while ago, well he's not who he seems either. And Harry, I don't even know what to say anymore, but I can't take it anymore, ever since that guard Harry's parents hired came around, everyone's just been different." Zayn said honestly.

"Wow," Louis said, "What's up with Niall?"

"Well, I don't have evidence, well I do actually but it's not much, but I saw him at the shop after school today while I waited for you to finish practice. He bought gum and a water bottle but that's not important. There was something on his wrist, like a tattoo or something, only it wasn't a tattoo, I know a fucking tattoo if I see one. It's was like a... It was just like an earth tattoo? But I've seen it before, like I've seen it somewhere but it's weird, I can't figure it out, but something's up and Liam's in on it and I'm in love with him but I hate secrets, Louis." Zayn explained.