Chapter 21

Harry was wearing a lilac jumper that came down to his mid thigh, black skinny jeans, and his worn out brown boots. His hair was in little ringlets as usual, and he was wearing purple flowers in his hair- that he'd grown himself of course- for his date with Louis.

All he could think about was how nervous he was, and how he was so sure he would mess up, or make a fool of himself. He was very good at that. See, he'd been ready for half an hour, and Louis was meant to be there in around a minute, and he was shitting himself.

He was so glad his parents were at a meeting (no surprise there) otherwise they'd think he was crazy. Gemma was waiting with her brother, for moral support. It was his first date, and it was supposed to be special.

Her first date was a disaster, and ended with her pouring yoghurt on the boy's head. Let's just say there was never a follow up date. All she wanted was for Harry's date to go smoothly, despite not approving of Louis. She didn't really know why she hadn't told their parents about Louis, and who he really was. Honestly, for the leaders of the superhero world, they weren't very clever for not realising who Louis really was.

Anyway, she watched Harry anxiously pace across the living room as he waited for his date to arrive. She didn't understand what he was so worried about, Louis seemed more enamoured with Harry than anyone she'd ever met, because from what she'd heard Louis was an arsehole to just about anyone he talked to.

However, she was willing to give him a chance if he made Harry happy.

As soon as the doorbell sounded, Harry's eyes widened and he looked at Gemma for help, "Answer it!" She encouraged and gave Harry a nudge towards the hallway that led to the front door. With his clammy hands, he smoothed down his jumper and made sure the flowers in his hair still looked arranged and organised.

Slowly, he opened the door and saw Louis dressed in his signature jean jacket, plain white t-shirt, black jeans and vans. He was stood awkwardly, blue eyes staring at him lovingly, with a bouquet of roses held out in front of him, "Hi." Louis said quietly, so softly it was hard for Harry to hear but he always listened intently to Louis, whether everything he said was poetry or complete and utter bullshit.

"Uh, Hi." Harry swallowed the lump in his throat and waited for Louis to do something. The boy caught on and clumsily held out the roses for Harry, "These are, uh, for you cause I know you like flowers and stuff, yeah." Louis said. Harry gratefully took them from his hands and smiled as he looked down at them. He was a blushing mess, but that was usually the case when he was around Louis.

"Thanks," He went a deeper shade of red, "Would you like to come in for a bit, I'll have to put these in a vase," He held up the roses, "They're beautiful by the way." He said. Louis nodded and stepped inside the house, going to the living room where he'd sat a few times before. Only he got super nervous when he saw Gemma, because she was staring him down and normally he wouldn't be intimated, but he really wanted Gemma to like him, for Harry's sake.

"Hi." She said casually.

Louis gave her a small smile and sat down on the sofa, leaving a larger than normal gap between the two. She continued to stare him down until Louis became extremely frustrated and snapped, "I get that you don't like me but do you fucking mind?"

She wasn't that taken aback by his tone, if anything she was amused, "I'm just messing around, calm down."

"You're lucky you're Harry's sister, it's the only reason I'm letting you make me look like a twat," He mumbled grumpily, "Oh fuck this is awkward."

"You always look like a twat, you just don't realise it. And you're the one making it awkward, it's only awkward if you make it awkward and you're making it awkward." Gemma laughed. Louis was about to come up with a comeback, but Harry walked in with his dimpled smile and pretty eyes and made Louis stop whatever he was thinking.