Chapter 22

"Harry, listen to me! I can explain everything!" Niall pleaded. Harry didn't know what to say, he didn't even deny that he knew. He'd been lying to Harry for so long, how long? He could've easily exposed him, he could've ruined everything. Harry wanted to cry, so he did. Except, he didn't let Niall explain, because somehow, without thinking, the beautiful roses Louis got him were growing longer. The flowers that looked delicate and pretty, were actually quite deadly and thorns covered the stems from head to toe.

Harry was so mad, but also so hurt. Louis was mesmerised by the way the plant moved and wrapped itself around Niall's wrists, then his legs, and suddenly his entire body. Thorns dug into his skin and Niall wanted to scream, but he didn't because he knew this wasn't Harry. This wasn't the Harry he knew and it was just him trying to deal with the new information he'd received.

Angrily, Harry looked at Niall and spoke in a voice Niall had never heard, he was always so quiet and wasn't one to shout, "You lied to me, for fucks sake Niall do you have any idea what you've got yourself into? I'm gonna have to go the council and do a memory wipe, and it's your fault and I'm gonna lose my best friend," Tears cascaded down his cheeks, "Go home, Niall." He spat, making the plant unwrap itself from Niall, and fall to the ground with a thud.

Niall winced as he looked at the small scratches on his skin, so he turned to Harry, who was being given a disapproving look from Louis, "This isn't you, Harry, and one day you'll realise everything was for your own good." Niall said sadly. Then he was gone.

"That was bad, and you know it was bad." Louis said. However, Harry was in his own world as he looked at his wrist; the small leaf was glowing bright orange, and he didn't know why. He'd never done that before, used his powers to harm someone. He never thought he would have to use them on Niall, out of all people. His best friend. Or at least, he was his best friend.

What was happening to him, first Liam and now this?

He was slowly becoming more terrified and he sunk to his knees, his glowing arm mocking him as he did so. Louis didn't know what to do either, so he just sat next to Harry in an attempt to comfort him, "You need to leave as well, Louis." Harry said sadly, sniffling quietly to himself.

"What?"

"Just for tonight. I promise it's just for tonight." He explained. Louis let out a sigh of relief, he couldn't lose Harry. He'd hate to lose Harry, "You sure?" He asked softly. Harry nodded and gave him a halfhearted smile, it wasn't much but it was enough to assure him Harry was serious.

So Louis stood up and hesitantly grabbed his jacket that was on the back of Harry's desk chair. He noticed the film they were watching was still playing in the background, so he turned it off and walked towards the window. But Harry quickly stood up and stopped Louis by grasping his arm. He turned around, but frowned when he saw Harry's red puffy eyes and pouty lips, "No goodbye kiss?" Harry joked.

Quickly, Louis climbed back down from the window and kissed him deeply, pulling away when he felt Harry smiling against his lips, "Call me if you need anything," He said seriously before planting another kiss on his lips, "And promise me you'll not do anything stupid." He kissed him again.

Harry nodded and watched Louis climb onto the window ledge for the second time. In a flash he was gone, flying away and leaving Harry alone with the mess he'd created in his room. Rose petals were all over the floor, thorns as well. His glass vase was shattered into a million tiny pieces and he went back to being sad again.

His life was a mess. How could this happen? He thought he could trust Niall, apparently not.

Honestly, he wasn't mad anymore, he was just upset and still in shock at the fact Niall was, and probably still is, lying to him. His parents were keeping something from him, along with Olivia and Liam, and Harry, well Harry didn't know what to do. What could he do?