twenty nine.

Taehyung's POV

Beep beep beep

I groan, snoozing the alarm on my phone, sitting up in bed. "Kook, wake up. We have class." I mumble lazily, shaking his shoulder.

"Jungkook," I whine, trying to get him to wake up. He curses under his breath, opening his eyes and grunting. I let out a giggle.

"Come on, we have classes. Get ready," I say and Jungkook rolls his eyes, getting out of bed but not before lightly pecking my lips.

I smile, putting on a pair of jeans and a hoodie as Jungkook emerges from the bathroom, already dressed and ready.

Slinging his backpack over his shoulder, he grabs my hand in his and we exit our dorm, heading towards class.

The two of us walk into class, taking our usual seats next to each other. I slump in my seat, noticing the chair next to mine was empty, indicating that Hoseok wasn't here.

I frown, turning around to face Jimin.

"Where's Hoseok?" I ask curiously.

"Back at our dorm. Last night he returned really late, so when I tried waking him up this morning he told me to 'fuck off.'" Jimin says, imitating Hoseok's voice.

I frown, turning back to the front of the class.

-

Jungkook and I were currently back in our dorm. Jungkook was studying for an upcoming test he had while I lay next to him, watching him scribble nonsense.

I let out a sigh, turning to face the ceiling. Pulling my phone out, I send a quick text to Hoseok.

Me: r u okay? where were u today?

I set my phone down, waiting for a reply and I almost instantly get one.

Hobi Hyung: not feeling well. skippd class

I frown at his vague answer, not feeling satisfied enough.

Me: r u ok? want me to come over or smth?

Hobi Hyung: that'd be nice

Me: see u in 5

I shut my phone off, getting up and out of Jungkook's bed.

"I'm going to Jimin and Hoseok's dorm for a few. I'll be right back." I quickly say and Jungkook scrunches his eyebrows before nodding.

"Sure. But c'mere for one sec," He says and I stroll towards him. He tugs at my arm and I lean down, pressing my lips against his for a sweet, short kiss.

"Don't take too long," He mumbles and I nod, rushing out the door and towards Hoseok's dorm.

I knock once and no one answers. When I knock once more, this time louder, I hear shuffling before the door opens and I'm faced with Hoseok. To say he looked absolutely terrible would be an understatement.

His hair was tousled and messy, shirt unbuttoned, his face was red, and his eyes were puffy and swollen as if he'd been crying.

"Woah, you look..." I trail off, taking in his appearance once I fully walk in his dorm.

"Terrible? Yeah, I'm aware." Hoseok says, letting out a sigh. I walk over to one of the beds, taking a seat on the edge, Hoseok following behind.

"Where's Jimin?" I ask as he plops down next to me.

"Over at Yoongi's. Like always." Hoseok says and I sigh, turning my head to face him.

"Hoseok, what's wrong?" I ask, slightly frowning. We used to be so close. He'd tell me everything.

"I- It's just- I don't know." He huffs in frustration.

"Okay. Let's start with this. Did something happen this week? Or was it before this week?" I ask cautiously.

"Before this week."

"Hyung, you're one of my best friends. Don't be afraid to tell me what's bothering you. I'll try my best to help." I say, trying to soothe him.

"You can't help, Tae. You just can't." He says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Of course I can. You've always been there for me when I needed you. It's my turn now." I say, my hand coming up to rub soothing circles against his back and he closes his eyes, letting out a deep breath.

"Now tell me. Was it because of Wendy? If it is, why'd you break up with her in the first place? I saw the way your eyes lit up whenever you talked about her." I say.

"Tae, you wouldn't understand. Trust me, you won't. You just won't." Hoseok quietly says, voice cracking. His lips start to tremble and I frown, pulling him in for a hug. Maybe talking about it will help.

"So tell me then. Why'd you dump her?" I ask and I watch as he pulls back, tears staining his cheeks.

"Because," he hiccups, wiping his nose on the sleeve of his shirt.

"Because I'm in love with you."

-

a/n: FUCK DO U GUYS HATE ME NOW