one.

a/n: k so that's how they look like^^

Taehyung's POV

I lay in my bed, eyes wide awake. I turn my head to check the time. two twenty four am. This is how it is every single night.

I roll onto my side, my eyes averting to the empty white bed on the other side of the room.

My eyes start to feel drowsy and my breaths start getting heavier and heavier. As soon as I was about to fall into a deep slumber, I sigh and snap my eyes open, too afraid to fall asleep.

Why? Because every single night I have nightmares. Nightmares about my father doing terrible, terrible things.

The reason why the bed next to mine is empty is because I specifically asked for my own dorm. I yell way too much in my sleep and if I had a roommate, they'd get no sleep because of me and my stupid dreams.

I roll over, frustrated. I can't stay up for the whole night, as I have classes tomorrow. So I suck it up and slowly close my eyes, not ready for what is to come.

-

"The reason he ended up like this is all because of you!" Slap. "If you hadn't raised him this way, he would be a normal and well educated young man." Slap.

I watch, horrified, as my father continues to yell at my mother. My mother was crouched on the floor, hands trying to stop my fathers unstable hands.

"You are nothing but a useless woman." Another slap.

"P-P-Please," I hear my mother's whimpers and pleads to stop and I can't take it anymore.

-

My body snaps upwards into a sitting position. My body is covered in sweat and my breathing is unsteady. The images of my father and my mother flood into my mind and I let out a strangled sob, knowing no one could hear me through the thick walls.

I bury my face inside my pillow, muffling my cries. I try to calm down, my shaky hands grabbing for my cellphone on the nightstand next to my bed.

My unsteady hands dial a specific number that I have remembered off the top of my head. I know he is sleeping but I can't help it.

I wait as it rings once, twice, and he picks up on the third ring.

"Tae, it's three in the morning. Are you okay? Did it happen again?" His comforting voice almost instantly calmed me down.

"H-H-Hoseok, I-I-" My voice pathetically stutters as I attempt to form words.

"Shh, it's okay. I'll be there in five," Hoseok says and I hear some shuffling before I hang up, thankful for such a good friend.

I let out a deep breath, snuggling close to my sheets and curl into a ball. I momentarily close my eyes until I hear the door of my dorm room opening and my eyes slowly open. I watch as Hoseok's silhouette moves close to my bed, shaking my shoulder.

"Tae, are you okay?" He says, concern filled in his voice. I shake my head but then I realize he can't see me in the dark. "N-no, Hoseok. I k-keep having those stupid dreams," I breathe and try to calm down.

Hoseok wraps his arm around me, pulling me close to his body. The smell of fresh citrus fills my nose, comforting me almost immediately.

"Thanks, Hoseok..." I say softly, my eyes fluttering shut. "No problem, Tae. That's what friends are for, right? No need to thank me." Hoseok kindly says, also closing his eyes.

-

Knock knock.

My eyes snap open as I groan and check the time. 6:50am. I don't wake up until 7:30 on regular days.

Hoseok probably left already. I groan again as the knocking grows louder.

Who the hell is knocking on my door this fucking early?

I get up, not aware that I'm wearing a thin white t-shirt along with short black boxers. I sleepily rub my eyes, walking over to the door and swinging it open.

I'm greeted with a guy around my age, with light brown hair and large brown eyes. He had two large travel bags slung over his shoulder, a suitcase close beside him, and a small piece of paper wedged in his hand. My face twists in confusion as I look up at him.

"Umm- this is room 20b, right?" The boy asks and I nod my head.

"Yeah, why?" I ask, confused as to why he would be knocking on my door so early in the morning. Classes don't start until nine.

"Well, uh, I just enrolled into this university. I was told that all the dorm rooms were full except this one..." He trails off and nervously scratches the back of his neck.

I shake my head. I have a dorm to myself for a reason, I had specifically asked for a dorm for myself at the very beginning of the year.

"Oh, sorry. I think you've been mistaken." I say, giving him an apologetic look.

"Wait, are you Kim Taehyung?" He asks and I cautiously nod my head.

"Then I'm not mistaken. The head office told me that your dorm was the only one left, so I have no choice," the guy shrugs and I gulp nervously.

"Um, well, come in then, I guess." I mutter, opening the door wider.

The boy sets his luggage down onto the empty side of the room.

"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself." The boy said, with a grin on his face.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook. It's a pleasure to be your roommate."

-

a/n: rlly hoping this turns out good