twenty four.

Third Person POV

It's been approximately a month since Taehyung and Jungkook have started dating.

The two were currently in class, waiting to be dismissed before their one week break.

"As you all know, there will be no school for the next week, allowing students to visit their families," Mrs. Jung reminds the class and everyone lets out cheers. Everyone but Taehyung.

Taehyung just freezes in his seat, gulping and trying to calm down. There is no way in hell he's going back home. If he could even call it a home.

"Tae? Are you okay?" Jungkook notices Taehyung's nervous state. Taehyung turns his attention to Jungkook.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine." Taehyung says, attempting to put on his best reassuring smile. Jungkook raises his eyebrows one more time before diverting his eyes back to the front of the class.

"Stay safe, everyone. I'll see you when you get back. Enjoy your week off!" Mrs. Jung says and everyone dashes out the door without another glance back.

Taehyung hesitantly gets up from his seat, letting out a deep breath. He reaches out for Jungkook's hand and entwines their fingers together.

"Are you hungry?" Jungkook asks as the two walk out of the classroom.

"No. Can we just go back to our dorm? Please," Taehyung requests and Jungkook nods.

"Sure, yeah. Whatever you want," Jungkook smiles as they walk towards their dorm.

As soon as the two enter the dorm, Taehyung slips his shoes off and plops down in his bed, staring at the ceiling.

He closes his eyes, letting out a deep breath.

Taehyung opens his eyes once he feels a weight dip down on the bed, next to him.

"Taehyung, I know you're not okay. Tell me what's wrong," Jungkook coaxes, his hand coming up to rest on top of Taehyung's cheek.

"Jungkook, I'm fine," Taehyung whispers, but Jungkook doesn't find it the least bit convincing.

Jungkook sighs, feeling a tugging on his shirt sleeve. Taehyung pulls Jungkook into a laying position, turning around to face him and wrapping his arms around his waist, resting his cheek onto his chest.

Jungkook decides to keep quiet, his hand coming up to Taehyung's head as he starts to run his fingers through Taehyung's blond locks.

A few minutes pass and Taehyung wants to stay in this position forever. To stay like this, in Jungkook's arms where he feels the safest. Feels protected.

"Jungkook,"

"Mm?"

"I don't wanna go home," Taehyung says, tears threatening to fall but he holds it back.

"Why not?" Jungkook asks, his concern suddenly growing once he hears Taehyung's quivering breath and he knows he's about to cry.

"B-B-Because," Taehyung stutters, lips starting to quiver. Just as Jungkook had suspected, he feels his t-shirt getting damp and he pries Taehyung's small frame off of his body as he sits into a sitting position, his back against the headboard.

Jungkook then leans over, wrapping his arms around Taehyung's waist and guiding him to sit on his lap. Taehyung rests his head in the crook of Jungkook's neck, letting out small sobs and whimpers.

"Shh, shh, baby, it's okay. Tell me what's wrong," Jungkook whispers, his hand coming up to rub Taehyung's clothed back to comfort him.

"H-H-He, I-I, Jungkook," Taehyung stutters out, continuing to sob into Jungkook's neck.